Dodge County 4-H Blast
March 25, 2016
~~Dodge County 4-H News~~
The process is the same as last year for members. NEW: 4-H leader enrollment will be completed using the online system. ENROLLMENT DEADLINE. June 15, 2016 We encourage you to enroll by May 1 so not to miss out on important 4-H updates and dates.
Market Beef Identification - Deadline April 15
- DNA envelopes and the Nebraska 4-H and FFA Market Beef Ownership Affidavits are due by APRIL 15 AT 5:00 p.m. to the Nebraska Extension Office in Dodge County, Fremont.
- Any 4-H livestock identified AFTER the APRIL 15 DEADLINE DATE will be INELIGIBLE to exhibit in the 2016 livestock shows (Fremont 4-H Fair, Dodge County Fair, Nebraska State Fair, and AKSARBEN 4-H Stock Show). NO EXCEPTIONS!
* Starting in May the newsletter will no longer be mailed out. If you would like a hard copy mailed to you please mark mail as your preferred form of communication.
~~Nebraska 4-H News~~
See what It's Like to be an Animal Science Student!
The Animal Science Department at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln will be hosting an Animal Science Experience even on Monday, April 11th. This is a great opportunity for high school students to come and see what it is like to be an Animal Science student for a day on UNL's East Campus. They will have the opportunity to sit in on a lecture, do a hands-on lab with a faculty member, eat lunch in the union, and tour the facilities.
Livestock & Small Animal Clinics, Workshops, and Programs
- 4-H Roping Clinic Grand Island - Registration Due March 26th
- Burt County Beef Preview - April 2, 2016
- Seward Calf Classic - April 9 Registration Due April 7
- Canine Companions for Life 4-H Dog Expo - April 22 Registration due March 30
- Animal Science Field Day - May 26, 2016
- Papio Valley Market Broiler Show - June 25,2016 Dealine: April 1, 2016
- District Horse Show
- June 16th - Leigh
- The 2016 Nebraska State Horse Show will be held on July 10-14 at Fonner Park in Grand Island, NE.
4-H Club Grant Opportunity
Farm Credit Services of America has Grant Scholarships available to groups or organizations that are interested in doing community involvement programs or projects. They will award grants up $2,000 each for projects and organizations that make a positive, long-term impact in the areas of:
- Agriculture Education
- Young and Beginning Producers
- Hunger and Nutrition