That's How Butterfield Does It!
May 2 - 6, 2016
We are crew, not passengers!
I seek first to understand, then to be understood.
ACT Aspire - THIS WEEK!!
Monday - May 2 - 8:45 a.m. -
students/teachers to testing locations
- 6th & 7th Grade Schedule
- 8th Grade Schedule
- Extended time 6th & 7th Grade Schedule
- Extended time 8th Grade Schedule
- Revised LUNCH Schedule - THURSDAY - May 5th
ENCOURAGING OUR STUDENTS TO DO THEIR BEST ON THE TEST!!!
MSAA (Multi-State Alternate Assessment)
Please note that Ann Harwood and Stephanie Courtney are diligently testing
ALL of their students with their own assessment -
MSAA - which must be completed by Friday, May 13th.
They are also completing annual IEP conferences.
Let's ALL pitch in to offer as much support as possible - we CAN do this!! :-)
I take care of myself, others, and the environment.
I embrace a growth mindset that promotes my own and others' learning.
STEM Fair - AFTER TESTING - May 3-5
Teachers will facilitate students
as they participate in the BTMS STEM Fair.
We appreciate Debra facilitating the organization of these activities for our students - as well as ALL of those who have helped.
Resources for the Butterfield STEM Fair are from an Ed Foundation Grant.
(Note - All Teachers should have individual planning time throughout the week. If, for some reason, you do NOT have planning time, please let us know asap and we'll correct the issue.)
I seek opportunities to show gratitude and celebrate with colleagues.
Adventurers Team Travel to Crystal Bridges
Mayor Freeman and the Four Freedoms
Planning for Veteran's Memorial Park - our students will help raise awareness for this exciting addition to our community.
7th grade Poetry Slam at Sweet Bay Coffee Co.
Lee Ann - First Pitch
"Hit and Run for the Cure"
to our own
Lee Ann! :-)
Consider . . .
This Week's "Happenings"
Teacher Appreciation Week! :-)
ACT ASPIRE TESTING - May 3-5
* Mon - May 2 - Testing location "dry run" - 8:45 a.m.; 8th Grade EL Unit Planning; School Improvement Council and King MS Travelers - 3-4 p.m.
* Tues - May 3- ACT Aspire Testing - STEM Fair Activities
* Wed - May 4 - ACT Aspire Testing - STEM Fair Activities; SMAC 3-4 p.m.
* Thurs - May 5 - ACT Aspire Testing - STEM Fair Activities
* Fri - May 6 - Make-Up ACT Aspire Testing - Leaderscast VBFAC
* Sat - May 7 - MS Walk/Run - Lake Fayetteville
STRONG Communication for everyone to be "in the know" and "celebrate" our school! Daily "Happenings" sent each morning from JW!
NEXT WEEK - FINAL TEAM MEETINGS
Wrapping up our AWESOME school year!
Plannning for: (a few items to consider)
- Professional Learning Survey
- Summative ST Math Assessments
- Academic Awards Assemblies,
- Fifth Grade Visit,
- Band/Choir Concerts,
- Honor Banquet,
- Family Learning Night Celebration,
- Talent Show,
- Pointer Pride Assembly,
- Final Professional Learning Day
- Checking Out for Summer
. . . successful closing out of school year 2015-2016 . . .