It's Almost Spring!
Greetings to all of our Beaverton School District Families,
There are so many great things happening.
Did you know that your student is able to get a Washington County Library card. So far 16,334 students in Washington County are getting library cards this year. If you have a student who doesn't have a card, ask the friendly staff at your local library about getting one.
Are you looking for a job? Current job openings for the Beaverton School District are posted on their website, click here for more information.
Have you ever searched for the ParentVue App or wanted to look for resources for volunteering or how to find a tutor? There is a page on the District website called Apps & Resources for Parents, click here to be taken to the webpage.
If you know of a family who is in unstable housing, experiencing homelessness, or if you have questions, please call us anytime.
Click here to review the detailed McKinney-Vento Data.
Question & Answer
Is a family eligible for McKinney-Vento services if they were experiencing homeless all school year but were not identified until 2 weeks after they obtained permanent housing?
Answer: Yes. If the family was experiencing homelessness, they retain their rights, even if the school did not learn about their homelessness until after they retained housing. They can receive services for the rest of this academic year, and you should count them in your McKinney-Vento data this year.
Source: School House Connection Website
COVID Vaccine Clinic
- Get your FREE 1st, 2nd, booster, & pediatric shot of the Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, or Moderna COVID vaccine from Project Access Now and a FREE food box (when available).
- For ages 5 years old and older.
- Registration required.
- Visit: https://www.projectaccessnow.org/outreach-enrollment-and-access/ or call 503-345-7031.
Monday - Friday 12:00 (noon) - 7:00 pm
Free COVID Testing
- FREE COVID testing.
- Appointments required, no insurance necessary.
- Drive-through or walk-up.
- PCR testing with results in 48 hours.
- Sign up through Curative at: https://book.curative.com/sites/33993
- Other testing sites: https://www.co.washington.or.us/HHS/CommunicableDiseases/COVID-19/testing-sites.cfm
1st & 2nd Friday's of the Month
- Medical Teams International Dental Van - first Friday of the month from 9 am-1 pm. Appointment recommended, but drop-ins accepted if space.
- OHSU/Tuality Healthcare Mammography Van - second Friday of the month from 9 am-12 pm. Appointment required, Must be 35 years of age or older, have a primary care physician, health insurance, and not had a mammogram within the past year.
- To schedule, call BRC through Care to Share at 503-591-9025.
If you know of any other resources that you would like us to share, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.