What's up in 2D!
Weekly happenings in the life of a second grader
Lunch Room Helpers!
November 22nd - Turkey Trot!
November 25th-29th- No School!
2. We will not laugh at or make fun of a person's mistakes nor use sarcasm or put downs!
3. We will use good manners saying, "please," "thank you," and "excuse me," and allow others to go first.
4. We will cheer each other to SUCCESS!
5. We will help one another whenever possible!
6. We will recognize every effort and applaud it!
7. We will encourage each other to do our best!
8. We will practice virtuous living using the life principles!
Arshia & Benny!
Arshia was practicing the life principles and was nominated by a fellow classmate to take home Benny.
So proud of the way they balanced a triangle using counterweights!
Liberty practicing how to balance a crayfish on it's nose!
The Life Principles
2. Effort -doing one's best in an endeavor. Ask your learner if they are giving their best effort at school!
3. Compassion: ability to share another's feelings or ideas.
4. Respect - paying proper attention or showing consideration to others.
5. Common Sense- thinking before acting, using good judgement.
6. Self- Discipline- the ability to choose and control one's own actions.
You are a genius and the world needs your contribution!
Here's what we need to KNOW!
Math: We will continue our work with addition and subtraction review before the break. Students need to be able to add and subtract two digit numbers WITH AND WITHOUT regrouping! Quiz your learner to see how they are doing. They should also know their math facts with fluency to 18 (9+9=18)
Science: Students have loved learning about balance! We learned about a really neat man named Phillipe. Ask your learner what he did that was so cool! We will continue our study of motion next week.
Language Arts: This week we will have a short unit on folktales. Learners will be discussing the difference between a folktale and a fairy tale. We have been working on reading and writing goals. Ask your learner how they know if they are becoming a better reader. They should know their reading goal!
Social Studies: This week we will be learning about American Indians. We will be discussing different cultures and how different cultures celebrate differently.
- colored copy paper
- 1 set of earbuds