February 6, 2017
- Congratulations to FBLA for having 10 students qualiify for state.
- Congratulations to the FHN Choir on a phenomenal dinner concert.
- Congratulations to Arlene Kearns on be selected as the Support Staff Member of the Year.
- Thank you for welcoming our guests from Confluence last week. It was a great experience for our school.
WELCOME NEW STAFF MEMBER
We are happy to welcome Jane Bruer to FHN as our new cafeteria aide.
SNOWCOMING ASSEMBLY SCHEDULE
1st hour: 7:20-7:50
2nd hour: 7:55-8:25
3rd hour: 9:35-10:07
4th-7th hours: regular schedule
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES
Parent / Teacher Conferences:
February 15, 2017
4:00 – 7:30 PM
March 14, 2017
4:00 – 7:30
Teachers will be in the Large Gym.
Counselors will be in the guidance office for presentations.
Parents are encouraged to attend both evenings. The first conference is intended to help and encourage students improve on quarter grades. The second conference is designed to reflect on 3rd quarter and look at strategies that may help all students improve. We look forward to seeing you there.
Knights @ 90: I am excited to report that our overall attendance has improved since last week. We now have 88.28% of students attending 90% of the time. Thank you all for your efforts in encouraging positive attendance habits with our students and please continue to remind them of our theme of NO MORE THAN FOUR! Below is the link for you to submit your attendance numbers for the month of January. Thank you.
The 3rd quarter Climate Survey will open on Wednesday, February 8th. It will be open for one week. Last quarter we were the only high school to hit our 80% participation goal. Please help us do it again!
Please remember to use passes when sending students out of class.
Thank you again to Aaron Manfull for presenting on Coding Activities. If you have your students do any coding activities this week, please complete this online survey clarifying the activity you did.
STAFF COMMITMENTS--TO BE REVISED
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
- building positive relationships with students and staff members.
- listening to the concerns of others and by helping to problem solve those issues.
- helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
- being open-minded to new ideas.
- addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
- giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
- counting tardies consistently.
FHN will be hosting the Awaken Project Assembly on Friday, March 10th. The assembly will focus on drug awareness. Joe Richardson and Jeff Mozingo have teamed up and travel nationally to tell their story. Joe lost his son, BJ to heroin. BJ was a student at Howell North. Jeff uses his music skills to the presentation. You can learn more about the Awaken Project by visiting http://www.awakenproject.org/
More information about the schedule will be forthcoming.