TEAM CSF News - Weekly Update
One Team. One Goal. No Limits.
- Please make sure that you check this daily....when our agenda changes, I note it on the Weekly Smore.
- Please make sure that you have signed up for our End of the Year SLO conference. I shared this via e-mail.
- Mark your calendars....Elementary Registration is July 26th!
- Please make sure that you are on time to duty. You should be at your duty location when the bell sounds, not moving to your location.
- Please make sure that you actively supervise students at all times. You should never leave students unattended. When you leave them unattended, this creates a liability.
- Please make sure that all doors stay closed and locked at all times.
- Please make sure that students have had lunch before leaving the cafeteria to see the nurse, unless it is an emergency. (We have had students missing lunch, and they were waiting for a band-aid.)
- If you need band-aids, please email Nurse Belue and she will place them in your box.
- Head Lice Reminders - Encourage students to avoid head to head contact. If you have pillows in your room, please make sure that students are not placing their heads on them. Please make sure that students are not laying down on the rugs in your classroom. Please make sure that coats and book bags are at each child's desk and not hung where they are touching each other. If you have questions, please see Nurse Belue.
Things to Complete:
- 3rd Grade Teachers - please submit names for Summer Reading Camp by March 16th. (You will submit your nominations using the Google spreadsheet that I shared with you.) (Do not share information with parents at this time.)
- 5K, 1st, and 2nd Grade Teachers - SLA nominations are due March 16th. (You will submit your nominations using the Google spreadsheet that I shared with you.) (Do not share information with parents at this time.)
- ALL Teachers - complete the WIDA PD course on Edivate by May 1st.
- Update Retention List -All teachers please go into the Google document that was shared regarding retention and update the highlighted sections. Please do this by March 16th.
- Please make sure that you are submitting your lesson plans on Thursday before leaving.
- Please make sure that you update your blog by 8am on Monday morning.
- This week....March 17th - Read to Succeed Meeting at CSF with D2 Literacy Coaches.
- Mark your calendar...Spring District Office Instructional visit will be March 31st.
- MAP Testing dates have changed....We will begin March 7 and conclude March 28th. Please make sure that you have notified parents of testing days in advance.
- Remember that grades 3-5 must have one unit in Canvas by the end of the 2nd semester.
- Make sure that you are sending signed papers every two weeks.
- Make sure you are entering grades in PS each week.
- Please remember that grades are stored 10 days after report cards go home. If you need to change a grade, you must see me.
- RtI - Please make sure that you bring a copy of your Intervention Sheet with you to the meeting so that we have one to keep.
All Certified Staff
***We will meet from 3-4 pm for all of the 1 hour PD***
- (7Hrs) WIDA on-line course - to be completed by May 1st
- 1 hour 2/9 - Focus on Writing PD
- 1hour 2/23 - Station Rotation
- Part I Effective Reading Instruction
- Discovery Ed Techbook Boards
- 1hour 3/8 - Station Rotation
- Part 2 Effective Reading Instruction
- Webb's DOK/Writing effective questions
- 1hour 3/22 - Station Rotation
- Part 3 Effective Reading Instruction
- Webb/s DOK/Writing effective questions
- 1 hour 4/12 - Station Rotation
- Part 4 Effective Reading Instruction
- TenMark Teach
- 1hour 4/19 - Station Rotation
- Part 5 Effective Reading Instruction
- 1hour 5/10 Station Rotation
- Part 6 Effective Reading Instruction
- Team Building
- Complete the WIDA Course (7 hours) to be completed by May 1st
- (2 hours) Monday, March 14 3:45 – 5:45 in the auditorium at Boiling Springs Middle School
IEPS: Most Common Errors
Required for All Special Education Teachers, Speech Therapists, Occupational Thera.
- (2 hours) Wednesday, March 30 3:45 – 5:45 in the auditorium at Boiling Springs Middle School
Required for All Special Education Teachers and School Psychologists
- (1 1/2 hours) Thursday, March 31 3:15 – 4:45 in the Board Room at the District Office
Second Step Social Skills Curriculum: Preschool and Elementary
Preschool and Elementary Special Education Teachers, Selected Middle School
Special Education Teachers
To enroll, teachers will need to log in to Edivate, select resources--learning targets, then catalogs—professional development, and from there they can select the WIDA course. After you complete, please print out and submit the certificate to me no later than May 1st. If you have questions, please see me.
- No Math planning (3rd, 4th, 2nd, 5th)
- Good News Club
- Blogs updated by 8am
Tuesday, March 15-
- ELA Planning (3rd and 4th)
- No Math Planning (5K, 4K, and 1st)
- 1pm Muse Machine (all grades)
Wednesday, March 16-
- GT Art
- Puzzle Club
Thursday, March 17-
- No ELA Planning (5K, 1st, 2nd, 5th) - Kelly with Small Group at CSF
- D2 Literacy Coaches and Lou Jacobs visit CSF classrooms
- Lesson Plans due before leaving
Friday, March 18-
- 100 BC Update due to Kelly
- PBIS Store
- PTO Prize Day (for students who sold $150) - (Breakfast- they should wait to be called)
A look at next week March 21st-25th
- Blogs updated by 8am
- 135th Day
- Final Induction Class
- Verifications due by 8am
- Faculty Meeting until 4pm
- GT Art
- Book Club
- Terrific Kid Nomininations due
- 3rd Qtr 100 BC Reward (More information to follow from Mrs. Berry)
- Awards due to Traynham
- CSF Singers
- Inflatable Day - PTO Fundraiser (for qualifying students)
- Lesson Plans due
- 4th Grade GT to Biltmore
- Reports Cards go home
- TEAM CSF Spirit Day
- Terrific Kid notification sent to parents
A look at March 28th-April 1st
- SLO Conferences
- Beta Club
- Good News (last day)
- Blogs updated
- CSF Awards 5K @ 8; 1st-2nd @8:30
- CSF Awards 3rd-5th @ 8
- GT Art
- Game Zone Club
- Lesson Plans
- 3rd Grade Program - 4K-2nd @8:15; 4th-5th and parents @1:15
- Signed Report Cards due (call if they were not returned)
- 8:30 Terrific Kid Ceremony
- Our 3rd 9 week PBIS incentive is the "Hall of Fame Dance Party"! This will be held on April 1st. Students will need 50 tickets to attend!
- The next PBIS store will be March 18th.
A Few Safety Reminders...
1. Conduct a daily “safety scan” of your classroom each morning as you enter the room. Remove or relocate any items that may create a safety hazard.
2. Ensure the door to your room is closed and locked at all times.
3. Be aware of your surroundings as you walk. Watch for potential slip and trip hazards.
4. Ensure you have a class list with you at all times.