Mrs. Greene's 3rd Grade
December 11, 2015
Five More Days...
Next week is the end of the quarter and the first semester. We will have several assessments to wrap things up. There isn't a lot of studying to do for 3rd grade assessments. If your child is listening and actively participating in class discussion, he/she should do very well.
I am looking forward to our Holiday Party! Hopefully many of you will be at SRE next Friday to help us celebrate. Anyone is welcome to join. Again, thank you Kristy McKee for heading-up our party!
I hope you all have a wonderful winter break and holiday season! I sure will miss my little 3rd graders for two whole weeks!
Here's What's Happening Next Week...
Reading: Reading Comprehension Test next week!
- Author's Purpose
- Author's Viewpoint
- Opinion - Evidence
- We finished our Persuasive Letters! Quiz next week!
- We will enjoy some fun "free-writing" activities next week!
- Understanding our local and national government - Test next week!
Math: Chapter 6 Test next week!
- Chapter 6: Multiplication/Division
- Practice LONG DIVISION using traditional method
- Measuring with a full and half-circle protractor
Congratulations to the following students for passing all levels of xtramath.org:
Long Division Success!
"Show Me" app fun!
Victory in Alabama!
Brock ran a race last weekend in Alabama. He did a great job and we are all very proud of him!
STUDENT OF THE WEEK - Reese McKee
Winter Break: December 19 - January 4
Teacher Work Day - No Students: January 4
Holiday Party - December 18 1:30-2:30
THANK YOU, KRISTY!