Mrs. Lamparter's Class
March 13th, 2015
It's hard to believe that the 3rd Nine weeks is already over! Friday, at midnight, is the LAST time you can log in mega minutes for this 3rd nine weeks. Report cards come home next Friday.
Information about our Vocabulary Hat Day came home yesterday. Each student was given a vocabulary word. Hats need to be turned in on Wednesday April 1st. I hope you can attend our school-wide parade on Friday, April 3rd at 8:30 AM.
Please send in empty gallon milk or juice jugs so we can make our "bunny" baskets for our egg hunt on April 3rd.
- Building our sight word vocabulary- new words this week: should,many, try, again, new
- Retelling familiar stories and identifying characters, setting, and major events in a story
- Blending letters to make CVC words
- Changing the initial consonant to make new words
- Working on putting uppercase letters at the beginning of a sentence and naming end punctuation.
- Features of non-fiction text
- Finding information in non-fiction text about American symbols
- Writing persuasive stories
- Fluently reading and understanding books ON grade level
- Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
READ and RECORD so we can REWARD!!
The last day to log in minutes for our Mega Minutes for the 3rd Nine weeks is Friday, March 13th by midnight.
Please click on the link to record your Mega Minutes daily. You can also go to the Craig Home Page to record minutes OR get the SchoolInfo App and record your minutes there!
White Horseshoe: 900+ minutes
Maroon Horseshoe: 1260 +minutes
Gold Horseshoe: 1350+ minutes
Bronco: 1890+ minutes
- Counting objects one to one and telling how many
- Comparing if a group has greater than, less than, or equal to another group
- Comparing two written numerals
- Decomposing and composing numbers from 11-19
Using math tools- number line, rekenrek, and tens frame to build numbers
Daily calendar math
- Counting by tens, fives, and ones to 100
- Recognizing coins; penny, nickel, dime, and quarter and knowing their values
- Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- Using the "Notice and Wonder" strategy to help us with problem solving
Craig Character Award
- The LAST day to log in mega minutes for the third nine weeks is today, Friday March 13th by midnight.
- The Book Fair is coming to Craig from March 23rd- March 27th. Family Night will be on March 24th from 6:45- 8:00.
- Craig Art & Technology Fair is Tuesday, March 24th at 7:00. Student art work will be displayed and Technology projects will be posted.
- The Brookwood Cluster Announces… The 18th Annual Student Reading/Writing Institute For current K - 4th graders on June 1-4th Mon. – Thurs. 9:00 – 12:00. Registration will be held on March 16th from 3:30 – 5:30 at Gwin Oaks Elementary.
- Camp Invention is coming to Craig Elementary on June 1-4th from 8:00 AM- 4:00 PM. Sign up at http://campinvention.org