Agriculture and Food Scientist
The nature of the work
Agriculture and Food Scientist research ways to improve the efficiency and safety of agricultural establishments and products.
- Agricultural and food scientists work in various industries, including colleges and universities, manufacturing, and in scientific research and development.
- They work in offices, laboratories, and, sometimes, food production facilities. Most agricultural and food scientists work full time.
- They can also work outside in fields to test the agriculture and crops in the fields
- You have to have a bachelors degree in the field of food science
- You can work in a warehouse in your local town or also in fields all around your home
What they earn
- Agriculture and food scientists make roughly 60,000 dollars a year
- 29.18 dollars an hour
- Food Biochemist
- Food Bio-technologist
- Food Chemist
- Food Engineer
- Food Industry R&D
- Food Ingredient Sales
- Food Inspector
- Food Microbiologist
- Food Product Consultant
- Food Product Developer
Employment of agricultural and food scientists is projected to grow 5 percent from 2016 to 2026, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Employment of agricultural and food scientists is projected to grow as research into agricultural production methods and techniques continues.