Right to Read Week 2013
Celebrating Our Heritage & History: May 13-17
- Everyone can play our R2R week READO bingo game by participating in activities throughout the week for your chance to win some awesome prizes!
- All you 3rd-6th graders out there, don't forget to design a bookmark incorporating the research information you discovered at the Rossford Public Library! Your bookmark could be professionally printed and made available at the public library and our school libraries.
Author Visit by Elizabeth Raum:
Wednesday, May 15th, 9:15-10am
Indian Hills Elementary School
Through a Claire's Day grant, we are honored to host Elizabeth Raum at all three of our elementary schools. Parents are welcome!
She will be speaking to all the 3rd-6th graders about the importance of quality research. The Kindergarten-2nd graders will learn about fiction and nonfiction from Mrs. Raum at 12:45 at Glenwood Elementary.
- Bring in or email a picture of yourself reading around the school, community, or beyond! We'll be creating an "Extreme Reading" display and would love for your picture to be included. (email@example.com)
- We'll be tracking how many books our school reads by making a paper chain. Which grade will have the most links?
- Don't forget to participate in Spirit Week as we celebrate our heritage and history!
- Drop Everything And Read (DEAR) is back! When you hear the fife and drum music from Colonial Williamsburg (Elizabeth Raum has researched Colonial America extensively!), be ready to DEAR for 15 minutes!
- On Friday, May 10th our 3rd-6th graders have the amazing opportunity to visit Rossford Public Library's local history area to learn about the research process and our town's history.