Bobcats Paw "Prints"
Week of May 16, 2016
- The CCS parent survey is now available. If you send emails to your parents please add this link to your information. The link is also posted on the CCS and RBMES websites and will be open until June 10.
- Kevin from Foresters Financial will be here on Wednesday. He will be set up in the conference room if you need to meet with him.
- Don't be surprised if there is a fire drill sometime mid week.
- Rhonda Drought sent an email last Wednesday regarding the annual enrollment for supplemental benefits. There will be a signup sheet in the front office if you need to meet with a representative. She also attached directions to her email about enrolling online. The representative will be here this Friday, May 20 and will be set up in the conference room.
- We will be having an EOG peprally on 5/23 at 2:30 in the gym. K-2 classes will cheer on our 3-5 students as they get ready to take their EOG's. We will also have some visitors from CHS join us for the occasion.
- Our end of the year awards assembly will be on Wednesday, 6/8. K-2 will be from 8:30-9:15 and 3-5 will be from 10:00-10:45.
- At the end of the school year each school has to submit any service learning hours that occurred during the school year. This could be something that was done school wide, as a class or even individual. If you have any students or one of your classes that has hours to enter please use this link to submit the information. We will be collecting this information through June 8. Please see Jenny Byrd or me if you have any questions.
End of Year PDP & Summative Evaluations
Beth and I will be conducting your end of year summative evaluations together, since we are both new. Below are the steps to complete your end of year PDP. Please have this completed before we meet for your summative. We will sign off on it at that time.
- login to NCEES
- click on the "my evaluation" tab at the top
- click on "my professional development plan"
- click on "PDP end of the year review"
- click on "PDP details end of the year review"
- click "new" at the top next to end of the year review
- type evidence and comments for each goal in the text box
- click save & exit at the bottom of the screen
- optional: click on "new" to additional teacher comments or "new" to additional strategies
- at the top of the screen click the drop down box that says "send email" and choose "mark complete"
- you should have a green checkmark next to the end of year PDP details that appears on the next screen
- click on "PDP teacher signature end of the year review" and scroll down to the bottom
- click "acknowledge" at the bottom of the screen
- you should have a green checkmark next to PDP teacher signature end of the year review
Mark Your Calendar
- 5/16- Spring concert preformance @ 2:00 in the gym
- 5/17- EOG testing training after school in the media center; Book fair walkthrough for teachers
- 5/18-5/24- Spring book fair
- 5/19- Premier Jewelry fundraiser 4:30-6:00; Spring musical @ 6:30
- 5/23- EOG peprally @ 2:30; Extended book fair hours 4:00-6:00; Meet the author night where students will share their published books 6:15-7:30
- 5/24- SIT meeting after school in the media center
- 5/25- 3rd/5th grade readingEOG; 4th grade math EOG
- 5/26- 3rd/5th grade math EOG; 4th grade reading EOG
- 5/31- Baby shower for Megan Carpenter after school in the media center
- 6/1- 3rd grade Read to Achieve assessment; 5th grade science EOG
- 6/2- Field day (K-2 8:45-10:45; 3-5 11:45-1:45); Library summer reading information presentations during the time you are not at field day *Time specific schedules coming soon!
- 6/3- Grades due to Tess; Field day rain date; 4th quarter PBIS celebration
- 6/6- Michael Eury local author assembly @ 1:45 in the gym
- 6/7- 5th grade graduation @ 6:00
- 6/8- Last day of school with students; Early release day; K-2 awards 8:30-9:15, 3-5 awards 10:00-10:45; Staff luncheon provided by PTO following dismissal
- 6/9-6/10- Teacher workdays
- 6/20-6/23- Required STEM PD for all teachers