The Patriot Premier
The Weekly Update for NPHS families, Feb 10 - Feb 15, 2020
Valentine's Spirit Week
• Seussical the Musical was a smashing success (more here).
• Our Hockey Team lost in overtime to Palmer to take 5th at State.
• Our JV Basketball teams competed at the Reddington Tournament in Wasilla.
• Our two NPHS boy Nordic skiers qualified for State (see picture below).
• All Students will rate NPHS Tuesday by taking the School Climate Survey. Click here for info.
• Our 8th Grade Showcase night is also this Tuesday: All are welcome, click here for more info.
• This week is Spirit Week, click here for dress-up day schedule.
• Assembly this Friday, click here for the schedule.
Have a great week,
Pictures from Last Week (click to enlarge):
Having no Ds or Fs from our weekly grade check (part of our SSP pilot), senior Wesley Croteau signs out to take extended lunch on Wednesday.
Members of the high school choir sell hot chocolate during lunchtime to fundraise for travel.
Junior Eric Johnson (left) and sophomore Eric Weiss (right) qualified for the State meet in Nordic ski racing. Since NPHS does not have an XC ski team (yet), they compete for Lathrop.
Our student cast prepares for the final performance of Seussical the Musical in the dressing room. You can see pictures of that performance here.
Community members and borough officials, including Mayor Bryce Ward, make repairs on NPHS's exterior hockey rink. The rink, which has not had skating ice for over 20 years, is on the borough's list of capital projects. They hope to lay ice starting this week.
Player of the Game
I had the privilege of presenting senior Seth Theriault with AASA's player-of-the-game certificate for the final game of our hockey season. NPHS lost the game to Palmer 4-3 in overtime.
This Week: Feb 10 - Feb 15
Mon 10th: Per 1,2,3,L,4,5,6
Tue 11th: Per 1,2,SSP,L,4,5
• School Climate Survey
• 8th Grade Showcase Night 6- 8 pm
• Basketball vs Lathrop @ Lathrop, 3/4:30/6/7:30 pm, GJV, BJV, GV, BV
Wed 12th: Per 2,3,SSP,L,5,6
• SSP Extensions
Thu 13th: Per 1,3,SSP,L,4,6
• SSP Extensions
• Basketball vs WVHS @ WVHS, 3/4:30/6/7:30 pm, GJV, BJV, GV, BV
Fri 14th: Per 1,2,A,3,L,4,5,6
• Under-the-Sea-Dance, NPHS Gym, 7 - 10 pm
• Basketball vs Delta @ Delta, 3/4:30/6/7:30 pm, GJV, BJV, GV, BV
Have a great week!
• Feb 11: School Climate Survey for Students during SSP
• Feb 11: NPHS Showcase Night 6-8 pm, Required Staff Activity, Agenda here
• Feb 14: Assembly
• Feb 17: In-building Professional Development, No School for Students
• Feb 18 & 19: Parent-Teacher Conferences, No School for Students, click here for schedule
• Feb 25: Poetry Slam, 6 - 8 pm, Oehring Auditorium
• Mar 6: End of Q3 [Important for academic eligibility to participate in Spring sports]
• Mar 9 - 13 Spring Break, No School
• Mar 12 - 14 Basketball Regionals @ NPHS