The Bay Breeze
Car Rider Reminders:
- If you are dropping off or picking up your child, please remain in your car. This is a safety issue.
- When dropping off your child in the morning, your child needs to have their backpack and mask on prior to exiting the vehicle, please.
- Please travel slowly in the car rider lane and in the parking lot area. Safety for our students is our first concern!
Adventure Awaits in Every Book!
Ocean Bay Elementary is having an eFair November 9th - November 20th called "Adventure Awaits in Every Book!"
What is an eFair?
An eFair is a VIRTUAL Book Fair! Students, parents, and teaches will have access to hundreds of books to purchase for their home libraries. These are not eBooks, but real print books that your child will love to read! (80% are paperback book, 20% are hardcover books)
How does a virtual book fair work?
- Go to https://efairs.follettbookfairs.com/ and put in our school code: Y9KPK (Follett recommends using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge browsers on your computer or smartphone.)
- Look around for a book and create a wish list or start a cart! Students can create wish lists of books they want, and share those wish lists via a printed copy, an email or a text message. Family members and friends can then access that student's wish list and make a purchase for them.
- Purchase your books. Purchases can be made with major credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover) or Follett Book Fair gift cards. There is no shipping charge! The books will be shipped directly to the school after the eFair ends on November 20th. Sales tax is calculated based on tax rates for our location.
- Books will arrive before winter break.
- Books will be distributed to students at school when the books arrive.
If you would like to purchase books for your child as a gift, please email our Library Media Specialist, Mrs. Lowry, at email@example.com and she will not distribute them to your child, but rather arrange a time when you can pick them up at the school.
When is the eFair?
Purchasing starts November 9th and will continue through November 20th. However, you can start creating your wish list now!!
All purchases benefit our school!
Helping Hand of Myrtle Beach Food Drive November 9th - 20th
We will be participating in a food drive to benefit Helping Hand of Myrtle Beach during the weeks of November 9th- 20th. Students are encouraged to bring in any of the items listed below during the weeks of November 9th- 20th.
Below are some of the items needed for Helping Hand:
- Canned goods
- mixed vegetables green beans, etc.,
- canned soups
- black-eyed peas
- dried beans
- peanut butter
- spaghetti sauce
- Vienna sausages
- personal hygiene items (soaps, shampoos, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, etc..) travel size or regular
Even one item will make a difference!
Thank you for your participation!
Jackie Wilson & Amber Marshall
OBE Breakfast and Lunch Menu
Monday, November 9
Breakfast- Trix Cereal bar, Juice, Fruit, Milk
Lunch- Spaghetti w/ Cheesy Bites, Garden Salad Or Yogurt, Cheese Sick, Carrots Fruit, Milk
Tuesday, November 10
Breakfast- Apple Frudel, Fruit, Juice, Milk
Lunch- Chicken Tenders Steamed Broccoli, Penne Alfredo Or Turkey Cheese Chef’s Salad w/ ranch Fruit, Milk
Wednesday, November 11
Breakfast- Cinnamon Crunch Bar, Fruit, Juice, Milk
Lunch – Chicken Bog, Green Beans Or Turkey Sandwich, Carrot sticks, Fruit, Milk
Thursday, November 12
Breakfast- Mini Waffles, Fruit Juice, Milk
Lunch- Chicken Fillet Sandwich, Corn Or Turkey Cheese Chef’s Salad w/ranch, Chips, Fruit, Milk
Friday, November 13
Breakfast- Mikes Country White Gravy Pizza, Juice, Milk
Lunch- Grilled Cheese Sandwich, Corn Or Turkey Cheese Sandwich, Fruit, Milk
Monday, November 16
Breakfast- Pancake Pups, Juice, Milk
Lunch- Hawaiian Ham & Cheese Slider, Cheesy Bites, Corn Or Turkey Chef’s Salad, Fruit, Milk
Tuesday, November 17
Breakfast- Managers Choice, Juice, Milk
Lunch- Turkey, Dressing w/Gravy, Roll, Green Beans, Candi Yams, Cranberry Sauce Or Turkey Sandwich Carrot Sticks, Fruit, Milk
Wednesday, November 18
Breakfast- Yogurt, Juice Milk
Lunch- Turkey, Dressing w/ Gravy, Roll, Green Beans, Candi Yams, Cranberry Sauce Or Turkey Sandwich Carrot Sticks, Fruit, Milk
Thursday, November 19
Breakfast- Pop tart, Juice, Milk
Lunch – Manager’s Choice, Vegetable, Fruit, Milk
Friday, November 20
Breakfast – Sausage Biscuit, Fruit Juice, Milk
Lunch – Chicken Fillet Sandwich, Broccoli, Turkey Cheese Sandwich, Carrots
Fruit and choice of milk
Monday, November 23
Breakfast – Breakfast Pizza, Juice, Milk
Lunch – Chicken Fillet Sandwich, Corn Or Turkey Cheese Sandwich,
Broccoli w/ranch, Fruit, Milk
Tuesday, November 24
Breakfast – Honey Bun, Fruit, milk
Lunch – Cheesy Bites w/marinara sauce, Steamed Broccoli Or Turkey Chef’s Salad, Fruit, Milk
Wednesday, November 25
Breakfast – Muffin w/ Yogurt, Juice Milk
Lunch – Chicken Tenders, Macaroni and Cheese, Green Beans Or Turkey Cheese Sandwich
Carrots, Fruit, milk
Free Breakfast and Lunch Extended!
News from the Health Room
- Check their temperature and for any other signs of illness. If you child is sick, they must stay home.
- Wear a mask.
- Emphasize maintaining a minimum of 6 feet of physical distance.