Learn about the magnificent Italians and their culture!
Why did they come?
What they ate and what there jobs were.
Pictures of life for the Italians from the 1900's
Italian men in the 1900's
This pair of men were probably were brothers or friends somehow.
The Italian flag is red,white and green
Italian football team
The football team in this picture are all Italians
RECIPE FOR MEATBALLS!
Simple steps for yummy toppings for your spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground beef (85% to 90%)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup water, to moisten (see instructions)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium onion
Mix all ingredients together. Don't add all of the water at one time. Mixture should be moist but not so that the meatballs fall apart.
Shape meatballs to desired size and place on a broiler pan (I wet my hands before shaping each meatball and it helps make a nice meatball.) Broil until outside is slightly brown on one side and then turn and broil the other side. When finished, add to spaghetti sauce and simmer at least 20 minutes.
Here are some facts!
- Stella is the Latin and Italian root for star
- Most Italians played football
- About 80% of Italy is covered in hills and mountains