Types and Sizes of Ribbon
Description of Ribbons used in the Floral Classroom.
Sizes of Ribbon and their use
- #1 Ribbon (1/4")- used for boutonnieres and small homecoming braids
- #3 Ribbon(5/8")- used for corsages and bigger homecoming braids
- #5 Robbin(7/8")- smaller vase arrangements and bows
- #9 Ribbon(1 1/2")-most common size and used for homecoming mums
- #40 Ribbon(3")- used for Christmas reefs and Homecoming mums
- #100- (4")burlap material, used for making reefs
Types of Ribbon and Their Uses.
Types of Ribbon
Satin Ribbon-most fabric based ribbon, used for homecoming.
Chiffon Ribbon- see-through, used in vase arrangements.
Curling Ribbon- ribbon curls with scissors.
Tulle Ribbon-crunchy, used for prom.
Wire Ribbon- Can keep in place because of the wires.
Velvet Ribbon- Soft/make bows for the holidays.
Acetate Ribbon- homecoming, crunchy and most common type.