The Ravens' Nest
Randolph Early College High School Newsletter
Week of March 14, 2022
Support the RECHS Drama Club!
Minimesters are ending and new ones are beginning soon. If you have a minimester class, don't forget to do your syllabus quiz!!!
Announcements from Ms. Perry, RCC Liaison
RCC Registration for 10th-11th Graders
- All current 10th and 11th grade students must schedule an advising appointment with our liaison, Mrs. Perry prior to RCC registration.
- Students can schedule appointments with Mrs. Perry from now until April 4, 2022.
- RCC Registration will open April 11, 2022 for Fall '22 semester.
- RECHS students will not be allowed to register for college classes until they complete their advising meeting.
- When you schedule your appointment, you must indicate whether you are requesting an in-person or virtual meeting. Not during academic class time.
- Parents and guardians are more than welcome to attend to these meetings.
Seniors, if you have not already applied for college graduation please do so immediately.
If you have login issues with your online classes come see me or call the helpdesk 336-625-1573
9th Grade-----$19.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
10th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
11th Grade---$17.00 (Instructional and Science Fees)
12th Grade---$42.00 (Instructional and graduation)
Fees go to providing educational opportunities for students such as subscriptions, lab materials, supplemental books, etc.
We are saying goodbye to February and hello to March, the spring season and warmer weather! Enjoy a great Spotify playlist to get those spring vibes going - https://spoti.fi/3hmBiIg
- - - - - -
Over the last few months COVID-19 has made safety and mental health exceedingly difficult and stressful. As we work to find a balance and based on the Governor’s recommendation, Starting Tuesday, February 22 RCC will remove the indoor face covering requirement and transition to optional and encouraged face coverings indoors for everyone.
The College will continue to require students, staff and faculty to self-report if they have COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, or have themselves tested positive using the Exposure Notification Concern Form.
The safety and mental health of our faculty, staff, and students is paramount. We continue to evaluate the risks and implement strategies to promote the safest and healthiest campus environment possible.
If you are concerned about a possible COVID-19 exposure, please remember to report it through the exposure form: https://randolphcc.wufoo.com/forms/zdek9mo1cocgfx/
- - - - -
Important upcoming dates –
- Mar 14 - Classes Resume, Begin 2nd 8-week minimester
- Mar 17 - RAD Club Drawing (details below)
- Mar 31 - SGA elections packets due (details below)
You can always find the college’s calendar on our website at https://www.randolph.edu/calendar/index.aspx
- - - - -
Want to be a part of our Student Government Association at Randolph Community College? SGA elections will take place later this semester to elect our SGA officers for the 22-23 academic year! We will elect these positions -
- President (Scholarship opportunities available)
- Vice President
- Public Information Officer
- 2nd Year Delegate (5 open positions)
SGA elections will take place on April 13th via electronic ballot. If you want to declare your candidacy for any of the above positions, please begin attending SGA meetings and complete this candidacy packet -https://bit.ly/3LSaVb2
- - - - -
SGA is bringing back our "Find The Armadillo" Challenge and will give away a number of prizes for services like Netflix, Hulu, and others through a virtual hunt for an armadillo! Here’s how you can win!
1) Follow SGA on Instagram at @randolphccsga https://www.instagram.com/randolphccsga/
2) Check our Instagram story each Friday at 11am for a picture of our little armadillo friend and this week’s prize located somewhere in Randolph County
3) Email your answer to the armadillo’s location to firstname.lastname@example.org use your RCC student email address before our Instagram story disappears from our page!
4) If you are the first correct answer for that week, you win that week’s prize
5) Even if you are not first, if your answer is correct, you are entered in a drawing for a grand prize at the end of our contest. Each correct answer enters you in the final drawing again! So, for each week you submit a correct answer, you increase your odds of winning the grand prize!
If you have questions, please email Shane Bryson, Director for Student Life & Recruitment at email@example.com
See our flier for this here! - https://bit.ly/3kRtXmh
***The winner of last week's challenge is Julia Freeman! The Armadillo was outside of Magnolia 23 restaurant in Asheboro! Everyone who answered correctly has been entered in our drawing for the grand prize! Julia, you can pick up your prize in the Welcome Center!***
- - - - -
Uwharrie Dreams - To join the online community of Uwharrie Dreams and unlock new creative writing opportunities, contact Professor Victoria Davis firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr. Gregory Vancegwvance@randolph.edu . The club is operating in an entirely online, self-paced format in Moodle for the spring semester of 2022. Check our flier for details - https://bit.ly/3HgFip7
- - - - -
Have you heard that RCC has a new Esports Club? Check out their flier here - https://bit.ly/3sWB7sz The Esports Club will hold it's first meeting on March 3rd in the Design Center room 104 at 5pm. There are options for those that wish to meeting online (contact the club rep or advisor) They also have a Discord! You can find it here - https://discord.gg/TTK5MhSvDR If you have questions about the club, please contact their student representative, Caleb Robbins at email@example.com or their Club Advisor, Loryn Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org
- - - - -
The Student Nurses Association is collecting donations of personal care items to donate to the residents of North Pointe Assisted Living of Asheboro. Collection boxes will be placed in the front lobby of most buildings. The donation boxes will be gathered up on April 4th. Then NSNA will hold a meeting where to work together to assemble the gift bags. These gifts will be donated to the facility right before on April 15th.
- Donations: February 23rd - April 4th, 2022
- Personal Care Items: Shampoo, conditioner, toothbrushes, Chapstick, personal packs of Kleenex, deodorant, hair bows/clips, toothpaste, hairbrushes combs, body wash, lotion
- Assembly Meeting: April 4-8, 2022, to be determined closer to the date
- Delivery of Donations: April 15, 2022
- - - - -
Radiography Club is holding a raffle!! Check their flier for details on prizes and purchasing tickets - https://bit.ly/3HwU3mS
- - - - -
To find information on Student Life at RCC, links to our social media accounts along with the College's main accounts, and more info on our clubs and student organizations, or even the Armadillo Cafe Menu check our LinkTree for SGA - https://linktr.ee/randolphsga
- - - - -
RCC Graduation Application
RECHS Expectations Concerning Absences Due to Quarantine
- Students must check their high school and college email daily.
- Students need to email their high school teachers daily by 12:00 pm for attendance purposes.
- Students need to check Canvas and Moodle daily.
- Students need to communicate with their college instructors.
- Students need to complete the Covid Exposure Concern form for RCC.