Tonasket School District
Weekly Update ~ 1/28/2022
"Focused on Learning and Linking Learning to Life"
Levy ballots have been mailed by the county and should have reached your home. Don’t forget to vote!
SCHOOL DISTRICT GOALS:
Capital Project Update
- The steel for the shop building has arrived on-site, and we are progressing according to schedule. You will soon see the building taking shape with the first parts erected around February 2nd.
- The portable is very close to completion. We are struggling with the weather and pouring the walkways which are needed before we can get an occupancy permit. We have put up tents and heaters to drive away the frost. We will be completing the prep work early next week.
Powerful Teaching and Learning
District Culture and Climate
Parent and Community Engagement
Creative and Innovative
TEA and PSE Updates
- We met with the coaches association to negotiate the contract on Friday. We are very close to a final document to approve and am excited that we are finally getting this important project completed.
- TEA and PSE negotiations are scheduled to start in March.
- Staff, please remember that staff and student vaccine status is private medical information that is protected from being shared by FERPA and/or HIPPA. Discussing an individual’s vaccine status is not an appropriate work conversation. I have a couple of concerns raised about his issue in the past week - that is why I am sending out this reminder.
- At the January 26 board meeting, the following personnel items were approved:
Julio Alejandre - High School Custodian
Lindsay Thrasher - Behavior Intervention Specialist
- THS is hosting a District Wrestling Tournament next Saturday, February 5th. FBLA will be selling concessions in the commons.
- Board Policy and Procedure Updates:
2161 BP Special Education and Related Services for Eligible Students
3115 P Students Experiencing Homelessness Enrollment Rights and Services
3246 BP/P Restraint, Isolation, and Other Uses of Reasonable Force
3226 P Interviews and Interrogations of Students
5400 BP Personnel Leaves