JUDY CENTER NEWS
ABOUT THE JUDY CENTER...
SMCPS PRE-K AND HEAD START COMMON APPLICATION INFORMATION
SMCPS - Pre-School Early Childhood Education
The 2022 - 2023 Pre-Kindergarten and Head Start Common Applications now open! Parents/Guardians may contact their home school for guidance on registering a student for the current (2021 - 2022) school year. For more information on Pre-Kindergarten and Head Start, please contact Department of Equity, Engagement, and Early Access (301) 475-5511, ext.
CHECK THIS OUT...
- There are several Adult Education Programs available to Judy Center families through our partnership with the College of Southern Maryland! Get prepared for college, learn to speak English and/or obtain a high school diploma. Classes are held throughout the county. Please call the College of Southern Maryland Adult Education Program at 240-725-5473 for more information. http://www.csmd.edu/programs-courses/non-credit/adult-basic-education/
- The Judy Center is available to help parents and guardians with creating and fine-tuning your resume, interview skills, finding a job, sharpening your skills, and more! Give the Judy Center a call today for more information at 301-863-4068.
- The St. Mary's County Library offers several free events for children, adults, and teens each month. Check them out on the web at: www.stmalib.org. Something exciting is always happening at the library!
- The Judy Center staff can connect you with community resources, food pantries, and more year-round! Give the Judy Center a call today for more information at 301-863-4068.
- The Judy Center has a lending library with fun and engaging activities for families! Call the Judy Center to set up a time to come by and take a look! 301-863-4068.
SNAP ED. RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Back to Recipes Garden Stir-Fry 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil 1 onion, sliced 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated or ½ teaspoon ground ginger 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional 3 Tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce ¼ cup water 4 cups of washed, chopped garden vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, snap peas, snow peas, kale, collard greens, mustard greens, and turnips 2 cups dry brown rice, cooked according to package directions Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
ST. MARY'S COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT STRONG BEGINNINGS PROGRAM INFORMATION
Strong Beginnings - St. Mary's County Health Department
The Strong Beginnings Program provides intensive case management services for women of reproductive age who are facing issues or have needs related to behavioral health, including mental health and substance use concerns for themselves or a partner.
MSDE CHILD CARE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM INFORMATION
Child Care Scholarship Program
The Child Care Scholarship (CCS) (formerly known as Child Care Subsidy) Program provides financial assistance with child care costs to eligible working families in Maryland. The program is managed through a centralized vendor -- Child Care Scholarship Central 2 (CCS Central 2). A Maryland resident who is working/employed, in an approved training program or attending school.
If you need special accommodations for any Library event or program, please submit our Accommodations Request form as soon as possible. When: Friday, June 24 - 10:30am - 11:30am Where: Lexington Park Library Age Group: Upper Elementary Calling all 7-11 year old St. Mary's kids, let's spread kindness in our community with painted rocks.
Wendy Binkley, Judy Center Coordinator
Kerrie Walzer, Judy Center Family Service Specialist, Carver
Freneta Carson, Judy Center Family Service Specialist, Green Holly
Anne Kirchner, Judy Center Early Childhood Liaison
Phone: 301-863-4068 Main Number
301-863-4076 ext. 44190 G.W. Carver