Paramount Elementary School
October 9, 2020
10/12 - 4th-grade students begin attending daily
10/19 - 5th-grade students begin attending daily
10/19 - PTA night at Lowe's Family Farmstead
10/26-10/30 - Red Ribbon Week (Details Below)
11/3 - NO SCHOOL (K-12)
11/4 - AM/PM Kinder only - NO SCHOOL for Parent/Teacher Conferences during the day
11/4 - TK-5th - Evening Parent/Teacher Conferences
11/5 - NO SCHOOL (K-8) - Parent/Teacher Conferences (school day & evening)
11/6 - NO SCHOOL (K-12)
11/9 - End of 1st Quarter
11/13 - Online Bookfair Ends
11/23- 11/27 - Thanksgiving Holiday
NEXT WEEK - OCTOBER 12TH-16TH
MORNING ARRIVAL PROCEDURES
To maintain distance between grade level pods, the playground and field will be closed during morning arrival.
Now that we are underway, we are asking that parents drop students off at the gates and duties will guide them to their grade-level doors to enter the building and report to classrooms.
Thank you to parents who have followed this new protocol!
FIFTH GRADES - Alternating Days
TEAM 1 - October 12 - 16: Monday, Wednesday (late start), Friday
TEAM 2 - October 12 - 16: Tuesday, Thursday
School Hours - 9:05-3:55 (M, T, Th, F) 9:20-3:55 (W)
Note: Beginning on October 19th, 5th-grade students will begin attending daily. If we are moved back into a red category during this process, we would move to full remote learning within 48 hours. Once we move to yellow again, we would pick up where the plan left off.
PARENTS/VISITORS - MASKS
Keeping kids and staff healthy and in-school during these unprecedented circumstances is the goal of each member of the Paramount Community!
Recently, you may have noticed that Paramount has tightened up the requirements outlined in our Building Health and Safety Plan that indicate that masks/face shields must be worn by all visitors on campus. Mrs. Crosby, our Safe School Assistant, has been out and about before and after school for the last week reminding parents about wearing masks and providing them with masks when needed. We appreciate all of our parents and families who have responded in such a positive and supportive manner to these requests.
As a school community, we are committed to and accountable for keeping students and staff as healthy as possible. Wearing masks/face shields is one safety measure we can implement to accomplish this, thus doing everything we can to try and keep our students attending school in person.
We want to especially commend each of our students for demonstrating responsibility and respect for our school community and for each other by diligently wearing their masks and carefully following safety new protocols. THEY HAVE BEEN AMAZING!
Keep up the good work and LET'S STAY STRONG STARS!
LAPTOP CASES 2ND - 5TH GRADE
Cases for the district laptops have arrived! Mrs. Harmer, our librarian, will distribute cases to classes throughout the next week during their designated library times. The cases will be labeled with students' names.
PURPOSE AND PLAN
- Cases are designed to protect devices and the investment of taxpayer dollars in the device
- Cases can be used to carry devices by themselves (as a briefcase or over the shoulder with a detachable shoulder strap). Cases may also be put into an existing backpack
- Cases will be collected with the device at the end of the year (shoulder strap must be included)
STUDENT USE EXPECTATIONS
- Laptops must be carried in a padded protective case or sleeve specifically designed for mobile devices.
- Students should ensure the device is in a case when not in use, specifically when traveling between classes and when going between school and home.
- Students may customize district provided cases, with school appropriate stickers, logos, drawings, etc.
- Students may not customize district devices.
If you have any questions about the cases, please contact our front office at 208-350-4120.
PARAMOUNT ONLINE BOOK FAIR
Get books for your family and help us earn books for our Paramount Library!
Books will ship FREE to the school and will be distributed to students the week of November 9 - 13th!
CLICK HERE to order! Make sure you USE THE COUPON CODE "Paramount" when you check out so our school can earn credits toward new books!
WHAT IS i-READY?
This year, Paramount students (K-5) will be utilizing a program called i-Ready. i-Ready is an online program for mathematics that will help your student’s teacher determine your student’s needs, personalize their learning, and monitor progress throughout the school year. i-Ready allows your teacher(s) to meet your student exactly where they are and provides data to increase your student’s learning gains. i-Ready consists of two parts: Diagnostic and Personalized Instruction.
Paramount students recently completed their initial fall diagnostic which provided teachers with very detailed information about each students' math knowledge and proficiency levels. Teachers will share results with parents during upcoming parent/teacher conferences.
In addition to receiving classroom core instruction in math during the year, Paramount students will engage in additional online instruction personalized at their level of understanding and need. This allows students to receive targeted instruction in focus areas while also providing enrichment opportunities and advanced learning as they are ready to move forward.
ACCESS INSTRUCTION ANYTIME
Through their i-Ready login, students can access lessons and other learning activities from school or from home.
TROUBLES WITH TECHNOLOGY?
Below are a few sure-fire troubleshooting tips for students and parents to try that surprisingly resolve a large number of issues:
1. Close the program or the app and restart.
- On an iPad, double-click the home button and swipe up to close the app.
- To close the Teams app, right-click on the Teams icon in the taskbar (bottom of the screen) and select "Quit" to completely close the program.
2. Power the device down and restart.
- If a device won't turn on at all and is plugged into power or fully charged, hold the power button down for 10 seconds to perform a hard restart.
3. Sign out MS Teams and sign back in (Click on your profile icon and select "sign out."
5. Trouble with a digital pen? Make sure the battery is facing the right way and/or replace the battery (we have extras available from school).
PTA FAMILY FARMSTEAD NIGHT
Mark your calendars and invite all your Paramount family and friends to attend the Lowe Family Farmstead on Monday, October 19 from 4:00-9:00pm.
They are offering Paramount friends a discounted admission rate of just $5.66 per person plus tax. Admission is regularly priced at $8.49 plus tax. ADDITIONALLY, they will donate to our school $1 from each admission!! When purchasing your tickets, simply tell the cashier that you are part of the Paramount PTA fundraising night.
The MAiZE, Corn Poppers, Cow Train, Hayrides, Famous Idaho Potato Sack Slide, and more are included in the price of admission. The Farmstead has moved to 2500 South Eagle Road in Kuna. Don't miss out and we hope to see you all there!
RED RIBBON WEEK - OCTOBER 26-30TH
Students - let's get excited about staying DRUG-FREE as we celebrate themed days for our Red Ribbon Week!
- Monday (10/26) - Don't be a Pumpkin Head - Put a Cap on Drugs! (Wear a cap/hat)
- Tuesday (10/27) - Too Fit to Let Drugs Rattle my Bones! (Wear sweats)
- Wednesday (10/28) - Kick up Dem Bones and be Drug-Free! (Wear Crazy Socks)
- Thursday (10/29) - I'm "RED'Y" to Say BOO to Drugs! (Wear Red)
- Friday (10/30) - Drugs are Spooky - Stay Away! (Wear Orange, Blck, Halloween Shirts/Socks) - No Costumes Please!