CCE Counselor Connection
"One" by Kathryn Otoshi
ABOUT THIS BOOK: Blue is a quiet, calm color who gets picked on by hot headed Red. The other colors are bystanders who do not agree with Red's behavior, but don't dare say anything to stop him. Every time Red says something mean and no one speaks up, he gets bigger and more intimidating. Luckily, the number One shows the other colors how to stand up to Red. All of the colors, including Red, learn that EVERYONE COUNTS!!
What is Bullying?
As we roll into National Bullying Prevention Month in October, we want students to understand what bullying is, how to help prevent bullying, and how to speak up and seek help if needed. There are three specific characteristics that identify bullying:
- The behavior must be repeated. Bullying doesn't just happen once or twice – it is ongoing
- The bullying is intentional
- The bullying is directed to someone with less power
Speak up, Reach out & Be a friend!!
- Help your child understand what bullying is
- Keep communication open, check in with your child
- Model how to treat others with kindness and respect
- Report bullying and harassment incidents
Cardinal of the Month Recipients
Congratulations to the following students for being recognized as our Cardinal of the Month recipients during September 2018, for positive behavior and consistent demonstration of FAIRNESS!!
KG: Jameson Herbert, Addiston McCarty, Mackenzie Moore, Riley Ullery
1st: Xzavier Boyd, Leila Chavez, Elena Jerkovic, Milla McLaughlin, Harper Strickland
2nd: Abigail Anderson, Zachary Eilers, Troy Kee, Paulie Lyons, Johnie Robe
3rd: Rory Cressman, Emma Gilliland, Carson Sink, Jack Tanner
4th: Emily Goodman, Madison Lebedev, Elise Rasnick, Lilly White
5th: Grace Bajalia, Reya Berkman, Ethan Bourne, Eva Koelbel, Andrew Lemister
Friday SPIRIT Days!!
Captain Kelly's 2nd grade crew worked together to create a Pirate Constitution for their classroom! It was a privilege to see these young leaders in action!!
Ms. Pattison's 3rd grade class researched kindness quotes in remembrance of 9/11.
Jaguar Spirit Day!!
Mrs. Hoekstra's 3rd grade class has enjoyed spending time reading and playing with Mrs. Stubee's KG and 1st grade students!!
| || |
Kevin from our maintenance staff taking a quick break to say hi to students on the playground :)
Do what you are supposed to do • Plan ahead • Persevere: keep on trying! • Always do your best • Use self-control • Be self-disciplined • Think before you act — consider the consequences • Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes • Set a good example for others
Great Books About Responsibility
- October 12th: End of Q1
- October 12th: FunD Run Pep Rally
- October 15th: Teacher Planning Day (No School for Students)
- October 18th: FunD Run Family Night at CCE
- October 24th: Report Cards
- October 25th: Cardinal of the Month Ceremony (Responsibility)
- October 26th: Candy Land FunD Run
- October 31st: Literacy Parade
Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions or concerns!
Cunningham Creek Elementary
(904) 547- 7871
Check out CCE's Guidance website for additional resources and information!