Unit One Welcome
Writing for Success
Welcome to Unit 1 of your College Composition I course. I am so excited to begin the term with you, get to know you, and help you turn your dreams into a reality. In this 10 week class, you will focus on developing your ability to write effectively, whether you are writing for a college class, at work, or even to your friends and family members. We write to learn, to communicate, to share ideas, and to demonstrate our knowledge, among many things, and since strong communication skills are in great demand in the workforce, what you learn in this class can truly make a difference in your life.
New to Online Learning?
If this is your first online experience or college course, things may seem a little confusing, but don’t let it all overwhelm you. Just like with anything new, it takes a little getting used to. Be sure to click around the class and the icons. You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message me at 754.223.9621.
Unit One Overview
This week, we will explore why building strong writing skills will be valuable to your personal, professional and academic success and focus on why clear, concise, complete and correct writing should be our goal, no matter what audience or purpose. We will also learn about the power of building our reading comprehension skills as a basis for strong writing skills.
Unit One Assignments
- Review Course Syllabus
- Visit the Learning Activities Section and complete the learning activities.
- Complete the quiz.
- Participate in the Discussion Board.
- Post your main post
- Respond to three or more classmates to exceed expectations.
- Here is a sample discussion board post to help you.
- Please use the helpful document located in the Unit One Discussion. You can find this in my first discussion post.
- Attend the live seminar. We will discuss course requirements, effective communication and course overview.
- Download the calendar and checklist from Doc Sharing
- Complete the Learning Journal.
- Preview the Unit Two Assignment and look through the professional websites to decide which article you will write about next week.
- Read all of the announcements in the class.
Have a wonderful first week in CM107. I look forward reading your posts in the Discussion Board and seeing you in seminar!