Asset management systems
What to consider about your asset management system
Keeping track of your assets is a critical procedure for your small business. You have to make sure both you and your designated staff can use and understand the asset management system. Here we’ll show you several key factors to know when choosing such a system.
- User Friendly: Some of these products are not cheap. But you get what you pay for. In saying that, you shouldn’t skimp but, you’ve got to make sure that you can understand it and train your designated team members to use it. This can be time consuming and expensive to do. But, there is a way around it. Most good programs and program agents will offer either a free trial or training videos so you can train both yourself and your team. The also offer live chat or phone guidance.
- Trim the Fat: You may not need everything that is packaged. Make sure you are skimming though the whole package in your asset management system. There are certain elements that you may not need for your small business. There are also a lot of things that are critical to its success like compliance management systems.It’s best to contact the company that you are buying the program from or consult the FAQS page.
- Mobility: Make sure you can conduct transactions and check updates on more than one computer. This means you don’t have to be stuck on one computer. Mobile capability for most of your business solutions is critical to its success.
- Your Software and Hardware Considerations: This is very important and typically overlooked by small business owners. You have new financial software solutions but you’ve used very rudimentary software and the same computer for ages. This is a great time to find out what you can afford in terms of updating your hardware. If you can’t then you need asset management systems that will be compatible with your system. For example, if you are using a database in a program like Excel, to keep track of certain elements, make sure you can successfully import your information from your current database into the new technology.
- Get A Quote: A good asset management systemcompany will answer your questions. There is a challenge in knowing what your system will cost. Make sure you know what you need and get a quote from the software company. This includes any upgrades or trials that will expire or anything that will cost more at a later date.
Getting the right asset management systemfor your business doesn’t have to be challenging; in fact, it’s not with Cymba Tech.
CYMBA Technologies is a supplier of business solutions for Asset Management, Wealth Management,Multi-Manage, Hedge Funds, Family Office and Brokerage institutions. The Athena Investment Management Solution provides multi-asset class and multi-currency decision support, order generation, compliance, real time profit and loss, order and execution management.Visit us at: Compliance management solution