St Pius X Youth E-Date
October 24, 2019
Table of Contents
- NEW! Read the Gospel and get ready for the Coming Sunday - BONUS meditation song
- Video of Parish Mission Night One: Something is Missing
- Video of Parish Mission Night Two: Experiencing the Holy Spirit
- NEW! Video of Parish Mission Night Three: Living by the Holy Spirit
- Teen Leaders Meeting this week Sunday Oct 27
- NEW! PARENT EVENT! Using Faith to Guide Our Children through Grief – Walk with Our Children THIS SUNDAY Oct 27
- NEW! CYO Soccer Faith through Sports Award
- Please Pray for our NCYC Pilgrims!
- Hands of Christ Recognition for High School Seniors - Nominations Due 11/15
- Special All Saints Meeting for Youth at Holy Ghost Cemetery Nov 3
- Sign Up Genius Link for Parents Volunteering with Youth Events and Retreats
- NEW! Service Opportunities - Fall Clean Up Nov 2
- Save the Date to make Apple Pies for Veterans! Monday Nov11
- NEW! Suicide Prevention Panel Presentation at St Christopher's Nov 12
- PDF of Sunday Youth Nite Schedule
3. SPX Parish Mission Night One - Something is Missing
4. SPX Parish Mission Night Two - Experiencing the Holy Spirit
5. St Pius X Teen Leadership Team
STILL TIME TO JOIN US - MEETING CHANGED TO SUNDAY, OCTOBER 27
Young people empowered to share, grow and lead! The Teen Leadership Team exists to learn leadership skills, put those skills to use by planning and running classes for children, plan events for parish teens, help write Youth Nite Sessions, retreats and serve in the community.
We will be meeting monthly on Sundays with occasional additional meetings as necessary (typically right before retreats):
New date: OCTOBER 27th, 8:30 am to 10:00 am
November 17, 8:30 AM to 10 AM
December 8, 8:30 AM to 10 AM
January 12, 8:30 AM to 10 AM
February 2, 8:30 AM to 10 AM
March 8, 8:30 AM to 10 AM
April 19, 8:30 AM to 10 AM
If you'd like some exciting opportunities to lead and grow email Barb Right Away!
THIS SUNDAY during Youth Nite!
6. Using Faith to Guide Our Children through Grief – Walk with Our Children
Please join us this Sunday, October 27, 6 pm in the Church
For an evening for Parents and Caregivers:
Using faith to guide Our Children through Grief – Walk with Our Children.
Led by Vicky Wejko, Associate Director of Formation for Church of the Transfiguration
7. CYO Soccer Faith through Sports Award
It is with great pride that every year we honor the youth in our Diocese with the Faith Through Sports Award, which is presented to athletes who meets these CYO criteria:
Consistently demonstrates Catholic values and Christian behavior by word and example
- Demonstrates the qualities of a team player
- Works towards both team and personal goals
- Is a positive role model to their teammates
- Honors the game through respect for team, opponents and officials
- Is a practicing Roman Catholic
Our Nominees are: Gr 3/4 Lily Steimer, Avery VanHouter and Christine Gaffney and Grade 5/6: Kiera Read, Luke Consul and Dominic Marra.
Congratulations to all!
8. Pray for our NCYC Pilgrims!
These 17 Pilgrims will be attending the National Catholic Youth Conference November 20-24 in Indianapolis IN. They have spent the past year planning and preparing spiritually as well as financially and on November 1st and 2nd they will spend 24 hours on Retreat with the Pilgrims from the Southeast Rochester Catholic Community. Please keep them in your thoughts & prayers!
9. The Hands of Christ Recognition for High School Seniors
The Hands of Christ is a recognition program from the Diocese of Rochester to assist parishes in affirming their high school seniors who have been the “Hands of Christ” in their church, home, school and community. Recognized seniors will receive a plaque from the Most Reverend Bishop Salvatore R. Matano at one of three special Recognition Ceremonies to be held in February 2019. This year St Pius Tenth Church is honored to host one of these Recognition Ceremonies.
The Criteria to receive this very special recognition: Is currently a high school senior * Has consistently demonstrated a Christian attitude by word and example * Has been actively involved in the parish as well as their school or community * Has been a positive role model to their peers, younger children and adults * Is a practicing Roman Catholic in a parish in the Diocese of Rochester and attends Mass.
The Nomination Process: Any one can nominate a HS Senior. If you’d like to nominate someone print out the form on the Hands of Christ page on the parish website: saintpiustenth.org and return it to Barb (firstname.lastname@example.org) by November 15th. The Parish Staff reviews all nominations and puts forward those nominated to the Diocese. Those who are selected will receive a letter from the Pastor & Youth Ministry Director inviting them to participate in the Diocesan Hands of Christ Ceremonies and in our Parish Celebration.
10. Special All Hallows Meeting at Holy Ghost Parish
Sunday, November 3rd 6:00-8:00 pm
Holy Ghost Parish Center (250 Coldwater Rd)
6:00 pm meet at Holy Ghost Parish Center with Holy Family & St Theodore’s Youth for welcome, discussion of cemetery etiquette, understand assignments, then we walk the cemetery, watch a skit (on death, grief & resurrection) in cemetery.
7:00 pm Go back to Parish Center for snacks & discussion on eternal life & saints.
8:00 pm meeting ends, parents pick up at Holy Ghost.
Things you need to know:
¨ CASE-Trained Parents are welcome and needed to walk with the group & are welcome to participate in the whole evening. Please email Barb to register.
¨ Bring a flashlight.
¨ Please dress for the weather. Parts of the meeting will be outdoors. If your parent is not present you need a permission slip (which you can get by emailing Barb).
12. Service Opportunities for Young People
Fall Clean Up at St Pius X
Saturday, November 2, at 9:00 AM
This is one of our most popular service events!
This is a GREAT service project for a CYO Team!!
Come to St Pius X and help Boy Scout Troop 178 with our Fall parish grounds cleanup! Start time is 9:00 AM and we go till the job is done. Any help you can give is appreciated. We typically have pizza at lunchtime!
Bring any rakes, shovels, etc. Parents & teens (and teams) welcome!
13. Save the Date! Apple Pies for Veterans
Monday, November 11th 9:00—1:00 PM in the Parish Center. Make a pie and then deliver it to your favorite veteran or Chili VFW. Parents welcome!
14. SUICIDE PREVENTION PANEL PRESENTATION
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 7:00 pm
St. Christopher’s Church – Corner of King Rd. & Union St. (Rt. 259)
Registration is Appreciated
Register through the St. Christopher’s Website or Facebook page
Karen Heisig – Board Chair WNY Chapter, American Foundation of Suicide Prevention
Paul Zeigler – Professor and Academic Advisor for Teacher Education Programs, Roberts Wesleyan College
Kelly Mohrman – Licensed Clinical Social Worker Suicide Prevention Program, Canandaigua Veterans Administration
Kristina Mossgrabber – Director Education and Community Outreach, National Alliance on Mental Illness
There is no charge for this presentation. However, a free-will offering will be gratefully accepted to assist the efforts of The American Foundation of Suicide Prevention.