HJHS Weekend Update
May 1, 2016
Every Student! Every Day!
This week is teacher appreciation week! I cannot thank you enough for the contributions from each of you this year! For a year full of challenges and change, you have been a blessing to your students! Thanks for all you do to make HJHS a great school for all students and each other!
We have made it to May! Our last 19 days give us an opportunity to finish strong. This week we must maintain structures and order in our week of testing. Students need consistency. We all need to focus on Finishing Strong! Using time wisely is imperative! Avoiding mediocrity is hard when we are tired and see our break so close. Dig deep, depend on each other to find a way to work as hard as you did at the beginning of the year.
We must model, demonstrate by example that we truly believe:
1. Everyday is an opportunity to learn and grow - ourselves and our students.
2. Our time at school is valuable and should not be wasted! Summer is for wasting time!
3. We believe that all students can learn, and we will do whatever it takes to help them!
Have a great week of learning!
Testing Season Has Arrived!!
* While testing remember you should circulate around the room. This is serious and test security is important. If you need help with behavior issues, then check with one of the administrators.
* Make sure you read the directions verbatim.
* We will have daily prizes and treats for students who come in prepared, on time, and ready to start testing! Please keep a record of the students who bring their laptops, chargers, and are on time every day. We will recognize/reward these students!
* Let us know if you have needs or concerns during testing. We are here to support you!
Upcoming Events and Notes for this week at HJHS!
LESSON PLANS SHOULD BE POSTED IN EDMODO BY 8:00 Monday!
Monday, May 2: Breakfast starting at 7:15; Aspire Testing
Tuesday, May 3: Aspire Testing
Wednesday, May 4: Ice Cream Social: Aspire Testing; Faculty Meeting to discuss the new BLG
Thursday, May 5: Aspire Teting
Friday, May 6: Aspire Make-Up testing; Teacher Appreciation Luncheon
REMEMBER YOU SHOULD BE POSTING GRADES EVERY WEEK. PLEASE KEEP GRADES UP TO DATE THIS LAST NINE WEEKS.
MAKE SURE YOUR EDUCATE ALABAMA IS UPDATED! Wednesday afternoon we will work on this.
DEADLINES AND DATES TO REMEMBER!
UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER
- Monday, May 2: ACT Aspire - Writing & English
- Tuesday, May 3: ACT Aspire - Reading
- Wednesday, May 4: ACT Aspire - Math, Faculty Meeting
- Thursday, May 5: ACT Aspire - Science
- Friday, May 6: ACT Aspire Make-Up
Tuesday, May 10: Spring Band Concert at HHS @ 7:00 pm
- Thursday, May 12 - Tuesday, May 17: Washington, DC Trip
- Monday, May 16: Benchmark
- Tuesday, May 17: Benchmark
- Wednesday, May 18: Benchmark
- Thursday, May 19: Benchmark
- Friday, May 20: Benchmark Make-Up
Thursday, May 19: Spring Choir Concert at HHS
- Wednesday, May 25: Awards Day and Field Day
- Thursday, May 26: Student Last Day
- Friday, May 27: Teacher Work Day