Week of August 26-30, 2019
Events for this week
Schedule of the Week
CALLING ALL RUNNERS! Cross-country starts TODAY! Please see Ms. Jones if you are interested. Practice starts at 3:30. Meet outside the girls’ PE office! Our next practice is Wed. See you soon!
GIRLS VOLLEYBALL: Attention! All girls interested in playing for the De Anza volleyball team this season need to come to tryouts. Tryouts will be held after school in the gym TODAY AND TOMORROW. All 6th graders will try out from 3:30 to 4:30 on both TODAY AND TOMORROW. All 7th and 8th graders will try out from 4:30 to 5:30 on both TODAY AND TOMORROW. Please dress in athletic clothing and be ready to move. If you have any questions, see Mr. Anderson in the boys' P.E. office.
Mrs. Nelson’s Book Fair @ DATA
It is open to students before school, nutrition, lunch, and after school.
Join us during Back to School Night too!
Picture Day- 8/28/19. Click below for the order form!
Back to School Night!
Wednesday, Aug. 28th, 4:30pm
2060 Cameron Street
A reminder that we will have dinner for sale starting at 4:30pm!
Your student will be given the half sheet below to give to their parent. If your student misplaces the half sheet or you need another one we have attached the pdf file below.
DATA DRESS CODE POLICY
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals must have heel straps. Flip flops (thong sandals) or backless shoes or sandals are not acceptable.
- Clothing, jewelry, and personal items (backpacks, fanny packs, gym bags, water bottles etc.) shall be free of writing, pictures or any other insignia which are crude, vulgar, profane, or sexually suggestive, which bear drug, alcohol or tobacco company advertising, promotions, or likenesses, or which advocate racial, ethnic or religious prejudice.
- Hats, caps and all other head coverings shall not be worn indoors.
- Clothing shall be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. See-through or fishnet fabrics, halter tops, off the shoulder or low cut tops, bare midriffs and shirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh are prohibited.
- Gym clothing may not be worn in classes other than physical education.
- Hair shall be clean and neatly groomed. Hair may not be sprayed by any coloring that would drip when wet.
Traffic Safety Tips
A reminder to please reduce your speed and drive at 25 mph when in our school zone.
In our continuing effort to ensure the safety of our students, parents, and other community members in and around our school, we need everyone to adhere to the rules of the road, including driving, parking, and pedestrian movements.
The front of the school is not a pick up or drop off zone. Use the main parking lot (near the baseball fields) as a drop off and pick up area.
DATA Counselors will not be available for meetings on the first day of school, they will be out of their office greeting the students and helping with their first day of school. If your child is placed in the wrong academic courses (math, science, language arts, social studies) please make an appointment online, send an email, or leave a voicemail for them to contact you. If your child did not receive any of their selected electives, please fill out the schedule change form available in the office or their counseling website. Elective changes will not be made without this form. As a friendly reminder, students are not guaranteed their first choice elective and changes will not be made after the second week of school.
Experienced Wrestling Coach Needed