This Week at Remynse
Math Night Carnival and Open House Clarification
I already spoke with your Math Committee Chair about these details. This will be a night like our last Math Night. From my understanding, it is a carnival theme. The math committee members from each grade level should be working to have a game or games ready to play on Math Night. Hopefully each committee member has already discussed this game with their team. On Thursday, team games will be played in the hallway by your displayed work (just like our previous math night). Parents and students will come by each table to play a math game with your team.
This is where I may have confused many. The Open House part of this event will be the display of student work. This is where everyone in the building will be involved. Teachers will need to have math related work/math projects on display in their hallways where their team math games will be played. Teachers that do not teach math in 4-6 will need to coordinate an activity with the grade level math teacher- cross-curricular activity to display or can display a class project in their content area that has been completed. The goal is to have every wall covered in student work so that students can talk to parents about their projects/work. The front hallway will be used to display an art show by Mrs. E. Lowe. Please remember that you should only write first names on displayed work.
The idea was to not make this another parent-teacher conference time. We want students to lead their parents through the hallways to show them their work and to play the math games in the building. Parents will not be going into any of the classrooms on this night. The math committee will provide a map of the games/events going on in the building and students will lead them on a Scavenger Hunt.
Please do not hesitate to ask Ms. Manning any questions about the math game set up. Also, please let me know if you are unsure what we will be doing on Math Night/Open House.
Dates to Remember
Monday, March 7th
- Spring Picture Day-Class Pictures and Individual Pictures
Tuesday, March 8th
- PLCs K-3, 5th and 6th grade
- 4th grade planning meeting
- Last Day to give out Hero Tickets
- Math Academy from 3:30 pm-7:30pm
Wednesday, March 8th
- Ozuna out for Principal Meeting
- ICs out for meeting
- Lunch provided by Grand Canyon University- A representative will be in the lounge to talk about their program
Thursday, March 10th
- Adams out from 8:00-12:00 pm for AP meeting
- Pizza will be provided for staff before Open House.
- Hero Ticket Party from begins at 2:30 (more details to follow)
- Open House from 5:30-7:00-Math Night Carnival and Open House
Friday, March 11th
- Staff Luncheon-Don't forget to bring your Hot Diggity Lunch Treats!
- Jump Rope for Heart
- Spirit Shirts-please be sure to wear your team colors
- Dr. Haubrich visiting campus