Welcome to Doby's Bridge Elementary
We are glad you are part of the family!
TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW!
- Our goal is for you to feel welcome and our kids to be safe -
1. You MUST have your Driver’s License to sign into the building EVERYTIME you enter DBES.
2. Early Dismissals will not be granted after 2:00 p.m.
3. All transportation changes need to be made in writing or in person. Changes over the phone are not accepted.
4. If you arrive to school after 7:40 you MUST walk your child into the building and sign them in as Tardy.
5. All foods coming into the school must be store bought AND have a label due to district wide policy on protecting children with food allergies. BREAKFAST & LUNCH ARE SERVED DAILY IN THE DBES CAFÉ!
6. Younger siblings are not permitted to accompany parents into the school during normal school hours. (Except for lunch!)
7. Did your child forget something at home? They are not permitted to call home for forgotten homework or lunch. If you bring something to school for your child after school is in session, there is a “deliver to the classroom” basket in the front office. Items need to be labeled with student name and homeroom in order for it to be delivered.
8. No parent or student is allowed to retrieve forgotten items in a classroom once the school has been dismissed. A homework pass will be issued once a semester.
9. We want to see you! Plan to come to the school to volunteer, attend PTO meetings, monthly Principal coffee, and special school wide celebrations. We truly are a family at DBES and we want to get to know you and you us!
10. Have a question? Feel free to call the front office and one of our staff members will partner with you in finding your solution. 803.835.5200
HOW WILL YOUR CHILD GET TO AND FROM SCHOOL?
- If your child is going to be a bus rider, you will need to fill out bus forms requesting this service. Once they have been received and verified from the FMSD transportation department your student can start riding the bus! For new students to FMSD THIS MEANS THAT YOUR CHILD WILL NEED TO BE A CAR RIDER FOR THE FIRST TWO DAYS OF SCHOOL until all paperwork has been filled out and submitted for approval.
- CAR RIDER TAGS - Every family will receive a car rider tags with your child's name and grade for you to keep in your family vehicle. School is dismissed at 2:25 p.m. and at that time our 5th grade safety patrol as well as designated staff members will work our afternoon car line. Caregivers who arrive to pick up their student must have their DBES CAR RIDER TAG displayed in their window. Students will be dismissed to the car in which the car rider tag is displayed.
- WALKERS - If your child is going to walk home from school - A CARE GIVER MUST MEET THEM AT THE FRONT OFFICE TO ESCORT THEM HOME. STUDENTS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WALK HOME WITHOUT AN ADULT.
- In an effort to keep communication consistent and effective, DBES uses a TRANSPORTATION CHANGE FORM for caregivers to use if there will be a change in their student's end of day transportation. For example, if your student is typically a bus rider but will need to be a car rider for the day, you are required to fill out a transportation form and send it to school with your student. The student will give this form to their teacher so that we can ensure your student will be getting home the right way that day! This is a FANTASTIC system and has proved effective when used properly. It allows the students to have a stress free day - we thank you in advance for your part in this process! Transportation forms are available through your child's teacher or by stopping by the front office.
CLICK ON THE TITLE ABOVE TO LINK TO THE FMSD TRANSPORTATION PAGE TO FILL OUT BUS FORMS, SEE BUS ROUTES AND TIMES AND GET CONTACT INFORMATION.
Powerschool Administrator, Attendance Officer
Click on name above to link to important medical documents for your child.
Bookkeeper, DBES Financial Specialist
Technology Support Specialist
Breakfast in the Classroom!
BREAKFAST AND LEARNING… THEY ARE CONNECTED
A child with no breakfast or a poor breakfast may:
· Feel tired during morning classes
· Be irritable or restless before lunch
· Get headaches or stomachaches in the morning
· Be unable to concentrate on learning.
A WELL FUELED BRAIN PERFORMS BETTER ALL MORNING!!!
BREAKFAST IN THE CLASSROOM
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What are the advantages to providing classroom breakfast?
Studies show that a balanced breakfast can:
· Improve test scores
· Lower rate of absences and tardiness
· Reduce discipline problems and school nurse visits
· Help reduce childhood obesity and diabetes
· Assist with routines at home
2. How will the teacher determine who gets breakfast?
Students will indicate whether or not they will eat breakfast every morning for the next day's breakfast. On the first few days of school the teacher will ask students if they would like to order breakfast. Students will be given the choice of white or chocolate milk. The following students will not be able to receive breakfast in the classroom:
· Students that have not indicated they want breakfast the previous day will not be able to order breakfast.
· Students whose parents have elected to not let their child participate.
3. How do the meals get to the classroom?
A Nutrition Team made up of 4th grade students will be sent to the cafeteria with the breakfast order to pick up the meals in special baskets with a trash bag included. The trash will be taken to a designated area. No trash will remain in the classroom.
4. How does my child pay for breakfast?
If your child eats breakfast they will need to have money in their account. Charges will be deducted from the student’s accounts after they have received their breakfast. You can go online at www.k12paymentcenter.com to view accounts, make payments with credit/debit card. You will need your child’s PowerSchool ID number to set up the account. This can be obtained from the school.
5. Will this take up valuable classroom time?
No, breakfast will be eaten during the time teachers take attendance, during the morning announcements, or when students are completing their morning work.
6. What kind of breakfast will my child receive?
Our goal is to provide nutritious breakfast in the classroom. The Student Nutrition Department will choose menu items that are appealing to the students while still meeting nutrition requirements. We will also keep in mind food that is easily transported and less likely to cause crumbs and spills. All meals will include an entrée, fruit, and choice of milk.
7. Can my child bring breakfast from home?
For the important reasons listed above regarding the importance of a healthy breakfast, students are allowed to bring breakfast from home. Breakfasts coming in from home must adhere to classroom allergy restrictions, and must not contain anything that is sticky or syrupy (ex: pop tarts, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, hot oatmeal, etc.). Please note the district will serve items like french toast and pancakes, but there will not be syrup. Suggestions for acceptable breakfast items coming in from home include fruit, granola or protein bars, breakfast trail mix, and water or milk, AND OF COURSE, BE NUT FREE to avoid classroom contamination.
CELEBRATE YOUR STUDENT'S BIRTHDAY DRAGON STYLE!
Classroom Birthday Treats
Fort Mill School District Student Nutrition Department
helps to make celebrating your child’s birthday at
Doby’s Bridge Elementary School easier.
Order a birthday treat from the cafeteria and we’ll take care of everything. Birthday treats will be delivered to your child’s teacher during your child’s lunch time on the date you specify.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Order Form
Child’s Name: _______________________________________
Home Phone Number: ________________________________
Parent Email: ________________________________________
Delivery Date: ____________________
Number of Children in Class: ________ (please contact your child’s teacher for this information)
Please circle the item you would like to order below. PLEASE NOTE – you can only order one item plus an add on choice of bottled water. All items are a $1 per child (except water = .50 cents).
Sorbet Celebration Cup
Sorbet Sports Cup
Cake Batter Pudding Cup
Brownie Batter Pudding Cup
Ice Cream Sandwich
Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Cone
Total # of items x $1 = $_______
Total # of waters x .50 = $_______
Total Due: $ ______ Check (enclosed) or Charged to Account
Make check payable to Doby’s Bridge Elementary School Cafeteria or you may charge it to your child’s K12 payment account (Child’s Lunchroom Account) www.k12paymentcenter.com. You MUST submit this form even if you are paying online.
*** ONLY PREPAID ORDERS WILL BE FILLED AND DELIVERED and baskets will not be delivered on early dismissal days.
Orders must be received at least 2 weeks in advance.
Please contact the cafeteria manager, Kay Connor email@example.com if you would like to order a treat in the first two weeks of school.