Lopez Principal's Newsletter
A Leader in Me School
April 5, 2020
PSD Buildings closed through the end of the year, remote learning continues
COVID-19 update from PSD
Counseling at Home
Yearbook Photos Needed!
PSD’s summer STEM-X program is excited to announce that our application portal is now open! STEM-X offers weekly classes from June 1-19 and is for students entering grades 1-9 in Fall 2020. We are offering exciting classes such as:
· “Exploring the Amazing Ocean!” and “Lego Robotics” for Early Elementary (grades 1-3)
· “Minecraft: Coding to Create Your World” and “Whodunit: Junior Crime Scene Investigators” for Elementary (grades 4-5)
· “Flight Simulator” and “Intro to VR” for Middle School (grades 6-9)
The application portal and full list of classes being offered can be found at http://stem-x.org/.
Lopez Art Studio on Instagram!
Check out the great things that are happening in the Lopez Art Studio! Choice-based art challenges students to innovate, create, and think critically about their own art. Please follow us on Instagram @lopezartstudio
Think WIN-WIN and Recycle!
Think Win-Win: (Collection bins are located by the volunteer desk.)
- We collect cardboard centers from paper rolls and cardboard egg cartons for our former counselor, Mrs. Katie Kirkham, who has limited means for gathering them herself. Thanks for also sending us your used printer ink cartridges. Recycle America Alliance turns your donations into dollars which we use to purchase new printer cartridges, WIN-WIN!
- There is a large black and white cow print milk jug by the volunteer kiosk near the office for collecting Morning Fresh Dairy milk bottle caps. We earn 5 cents per cap.
- We collect used markers of all brands for the Crayola ColorCycle recycle program to help kids understand their role in protecting the environment.
Websites for your convenience:
· Lopez Morning News coming soon at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7co2caQ-wymLVVsFaNSy0Q/videos.
· Poudre School District Winter Activity Flyer at https://bit.ly/2G2myLT
· Text transportation messages/questions (i.e. “My child will not be riding the bus today.”) to 970-414-1BUS.