AEB Weekly 8/21/17 to 8/27/17
W. Charles Akins High School Band - Austin, TX
Marching Band Rehearsal Schedule
- Tuesday, 8/22 - 7:00am to 8:30am
- Wednesday, 8/23 - 7:00am to 8:30am
- Thursday, 8/24 - 6:00pm to 8:30pm
- Friday, 8/25 - 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Updated in realtime on the AEB website calendar.
Events, Announcements, and Information
Marching Band Rehearsal Procedures
Water is a requirement at all rehearsals, either those before or after school!
Before School Rehearsals
- The Band Hall will open by 6:15am.
- Students should come dressed for rehearsal (shorts, white t-shirt, tennis shoes & socks).
- Students are expected to be outside in section circles by 6:50-6:55am.
- Rehearsal starts promptly at 7:00am, with students warmed up and ready to work.
- Rehearsal will end promptly at 8:30am. Students will need to plan on changing & freshening up quickly in the Fine Arts restrooms.
After School Rehearsals
- Students should bring a snack to eat before rehearsal begins. (Must be stored outside the Band Hall.)
- Be sure to remember a change of clothes (shorts, white t-shirt, tennis shoes & socks).
- Students should plan on being picked up no later than 30 minutes after the end of rehearsal.
Grades Matter Now!
In order for AEB to be successful, we count on every student to be academically successful! Stay organized, reach out for help, and work hard so that you can continue to enjoy performing with AEB!
This means NO:
- Lunches (in bags, in boxes, in coolers)
- Candy, wrapped or unwrapped
- Coffee, soda, juice, or sports drinks (opened or unopened, in bottles, etc.)
- Food of any kind PERIOD...even if you aren't eating it in the band hall, it is not to enter the room.
No food is to be stored in lockers for any reason. Any student storing food in lockers will lose their locker for the remainder of the semester. Food may be stored in the hallway with water jugs.
There will be no further warnings.
AEB 2018 Spring Trip!
Thursday, April 19th 2018 at 7am to Saturday, April 21st 2018 at 11:30pm
Dallas, TX, United States
- 2 Nights Hotel
- All Meals
- Six Flags over Texas
- Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament
- Pizza & Pasta at Shenaniganz with Two-Hour Game Pass
- Tour of AT&T Stadium - Home of the Dallas Cowboys
- Sixth Floor Museum - Site of the JKF Assassination
- Tour of the African American Museum of Dallas
- Grapevine Mills Mall
- Dallas Arts District
The per person cost for this year's trip is $499.
Payments will be made directly to Educational Travel Adventures (ETA), our new travel company. ETA has an online portal where you can make payments. Students who wish to fundraise for the trip can still do so, but must have money in the account prior to each payment due date. Otherwise, payments will need to be made directly to ETA. In other words, you must do fundraising prior to trip due dates, not after.
AEB Band Staff will have no control over students being dropped due to late or non payment.
A+ Bank Grand Opening Performance
Thursday, Aug. 24th, 4:30-6pm
10701 South 1st Street
All members of AEB are required to attend in full summer uniform.
SNAP! Fundraising Kickoff Meeting
Friday, Aug. 25th, 4:45-5:45pm
10701 South 1st Street
"Snap is a social donation platform that allows our band to receive donations from our networks, communities, and supporters. Snap uses the power of social media with a safe, fun, and interactive approach. All we will ask is that each parent/guardian help their student gather 20 or more e-mail addresses of their biggest fans and family members. Your contacts are strictly private and protected."
- Safe and Protected - Snap! Raise is the safest online donation platform available. All data is private and never redistributed.
- No Product Sales - Members will not be asked to sell products for this fundraiser. Every effort is made through our own custom built page and shared via Email, Facebook, Twitter, and Text.
- E-mail Strategy - All supporters will receive a receipt for their gift that is tax deductible, included with a personalized thank you from the band member. There are three reminder emails sent to donors, with an option to unsubscribe.
- Reverse Flow - Snap's platform and process is what makes the fundraiser so successful. It allows an extensive reach across communities by providing options to connect with multiple donors and their social networks; maximizing our fundraising efforts.
AEB with AISD at Austin Pride Parade
Saturday, Aug. 26th, 5-11pm
10701 South 1st Street
- 5:00pm - Band Hall Opens
- 5:45pm - Depart for Downtown Austin
- 6:45pm - Stage for Parade
- 8:00pm - Parade Begins
- 9:30pm - Estimated End of Parade Performance
- 11:00pm - Estimated Return Time to Akins
Private Lessons Begin 2nd Week of School
Remember to Make Your Payment Plan Payments
Earn Money for Your Band Fees, Trip Payments, and Lessons
There are always shifts available and we are already needing people to work!
- Friday, September 1st - Football vs. Crockett - Burger Stadium - 4:30pm to 11:30pm
- Monday, September 4th - Labor Day Holiday - No Rehearsal
- Friday, September 8th - Football vs. Austin - House Park - 4:30pm to 11:30pm
- Thursday, September 14th - Football vs. Lehman (Middle School Night) - Burger Stadium - 4:30pm to 11:30pm
- Tuesday, September 19th - AISD Band Jamboree - Burger Stadium - 7:00pm to 10:30pm
- Thursday, September 21st - Football vs. McCallum - House Park - 4:30pm to 11:30pm
- Saturday, September 23rd - Bands of America Austin Regional - Kelly Reeves Stadium - All Day