NEWS FROM THE NEST
ASB Events in January
1/7 - Interclub meeting at lunch (11:25 - 11:50 a.m.). Each club must send at least one representative. Zoom link HERE (meeting ID: 951 7991 3327; passcode: 805572).
1/8/20 - All ASB applications are due. Information available HERE.
1/11 - 1/15 - ASB Campaign Week
1/15 - ASB Election Day
1/15 - DNHS 2020 Bingo. Check out ASB Instagram @dnhsasb for information.
1/15 - Frosh Game Night. Freshman trivia game from 3:00 - 3:45 p.m. consisting of trivia questions from various categories. Zoom link HERE (meeting ID: 537 811 2830; passcode: freshman).
1/22 - Spirit Day: All Out Blue & Green!
1/22 - Junior class Flock & Talk from 3:00 to 3:30 p.m. The purpose is to bond the junior class through ice breakers and conversations. Zoom link HERE (meeting ID: 992 3670 3036; passcode: 168866).
Current 11th Grade College Information Night - UPDATED
February 2, 2021, Tuesday, from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. (DATE CHANGED FROM 1/12/21)
We will present information on how to navigate high school and plan for college. Questions regarding course selection, how to read your student’s high school transcript, college requirements, and more will be addressed. Current 11th grade parents will receive an email with the Zoom link soon.
Current 10th Grade Information Night
We will present information on how to navigate high school and plan for college. Questions regarding course selection, how to read your student’s high school transcript, college requirements, and more will be addressed. Current 10th grade parents will receive an email with the Zoom link soon.
Current 9th Grade Information Night
We will present information on how to navigate high school and plan for college. Questions regarding course selection, how to read your student’s high school transcript, college requirements, and more will be addressed. Current 9th grade parents will receive an email with the Zoom link soon.
Athletic Department Information
1. We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we continue to follow newly released guidelines from CDPH, San Diego County, CIF, and PUSD.
- The most recent CDPH guidelines and CIFSDS Memo have specific sports listed for each color of the County Tier Assignments.
- Click this link for the DNHS Update for Education-Based Athletics.
- We are planning for Purple Tier sports to begin their CIF Season February 1st.
- Purple Tier: Cross Country, Golf, Swim & Dive, Tennis, Track & Field
- Red Tier: Baseball, Field Hockey, Girls Lacrosse, Softball
- Orange Tier: Badminton, Football, Gymnastics, Boys Lacrosse, Soccer, Volleyball, Water Polo
- Yellow Tier: Basketball, Cheer, Wrestling
2. Ticket to Play paperwork - Click here to visit the Ticket to Play page for more information.
- All paperwork through Dragonfly must be completed and approved before athletes can attend try outs or practice.
- If your athlete would like to participate in a purple tier sport, their paperwork should be completed no later than January 22nd.
- All Red Tier sports should also complete their Ticket to Play paperwork no later than February 1st.
- Orange and Yellow Tier sports should complete their paperwork as soon as possible.
- Blue Ticket to Play cards will not be distributed this year. Coaches will receive a list of who is cleared for try outs. Athletes will not pick up their ticket before try outs/practice.
3. Strength & Conditioning workouts will continue February 1st. Until then, athletes can login to the Train Heroics app to do their workout at home each day.
4. The home page of the DNHS Athletic Website will be updated with the most current information. Please visit the website for more information throughout the year!
A reminder to families that the 2021 February break has been shortened from five days off to just two days off due to COVID-related adjustments to the 2020-21 school year calendar. There is no school on Monday, February 15 and Friday, February 19 due to the observance of Washington’s and Lincoln’s birthdays. However, school will be in session Tuesday through Thursday, February 16 through February 18, so students are expected to attend class on those three days. Spring Break remains the same from Monday, April 12 through Friday, April 16. The last day of school was changed to Friday, June 18, 2021. You can view the official District calendar here.
Teen Positive Parenting Webinars
Hiring Instructional Assistants at Del Norte!
Parents, do you or someone you know enjoy working in an educational environment and possess a passion for helping our students learn and grow? Del Norte is looking for great candidates who can join our team as an Instructional Assistant - Special Education. We have openings for three-hours or six-hours per day positions. If you or someone you know might be interested, please apply using the link below.
Starting Pay is $15.51/hr
Positions that are 20 hours or more per week have FULL BENEFITS.
Try the Nighthawk Drink at Starbucks!
ASB Instagram and Class Accounts
Students under the age of 18 years of age are required by state law to have a work permit issued through their home school. During virtual learning, students can drop off completed work permit applications (form B1-1) and school forms with our security team at the front office on Mondays and Thursdays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Please expect three to four days for processing. Click HERE for specific instructions and to download printable forms.