2018-2019 Parent Newsletter
September 21, 2018 - Issue #6
- Mrs. Boyles
- Mrs. Rowin
- Ms. De Silva
- Ms. Adkins
- Mrs. Ramsey
- Mrs. Outlaw (100)
- Mrs. Rohne
If our campus earns at least 3,000 Golden Tickets on or before October 19th, we will have a dance party in the gym! Our current campus total is 2550.
Grade Level Totals:
1st Grade: 550
2nd Grade: 700
3rd Grade: 400
Watch DOG Kick-Off Success
All Watch DOGs must have an updated background check on file before volunteering on campus. Watch DOGs will return on campus in early October.
UIL Kick-Off Event
PK and Kinder Hearing/Vision Screening Rescheduled for Thursday, September 27th.
Hearing/Vision Screening for 1st and 3rd - September 28th
football Players and cheerleaders visit on Friday, September 28th! 2nd grade travels to LVHS for Pep rally!
Campus Educational Improvement Committee (CEIC)
GT Fall Referral
Parents of students in grades 1-12 who consent to having their child screened for the
Lago Vista ISD Gifted and Talented Education Program should complete a referral form and return it the student's school by October 15th. Note: Parent consent is obtained each spring for all kindergarten students, so referrals for G/T screening are not accepted for students in kindergarten.
To access the referral form, please visit the Lago Vista ISD Gifted & Talented website at http://www.lagovistaisd.net/default.aspx?name=curr.ins_GT.
PTO will be conducting a Fundraiser called "Write the Check Campaign". Remember that 100% of the funds collected benefit our school, our students, and our teachers. Donations help purchase new and fun supplies to engage students in hands-on learning in science and technology, sports equipment, field trip scholarships, awards for student achievements, music and art supplies and much more! Forms will be coming home today! The "Write the Check Campaign" will run from September 14th through October 19th.
Thank you everyone that submitted pictures for “Meet the Teacher” & “1st Day of School”. They will appear in this years yearbook! The next photo submission opportunity is for "Running of the Vikings" and "Football player, cheerleader visits". Please try to send these as you take them. Final deadline is November 4th. Grandparents lunch is coming up, please get lots of pictures, deadline to submit for this page of yearbook & category of photos is Sunday, September 9th. Stay plugged into the weekly online newsletter for yearbook announcements and deadlines. Email pictures to LVESyearbook@gmail.com
Thanks for your support in yearbook as all proceeds support the staff and students of LVES!
Want to Volunteer?
You can download the background check form by clicking on the link below:
Completed forms can be dropped at the LVISD Administration building located at 8039 Bar-K Ranch Road. Please allow at least 2 weeks for background checks to process.
Attendance for the week of 9/21/2018: 94.12%
Grade Level Attendance:
Kinder: 96.80% - Great job meeting our attendance goal!
1st Grade: 95.38%
2nd Grade: 98.57% - Awesome job exceeding our attendance goal for the 2nd week in a row!
3rd Grade: 96.19%
COLLEGE DAY IS EVERY WEDNESDAY...WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COLLEGE SHIRT!
Character Trait of The Month...
- Do what you are supposed to do;
- Plan ahead;
- Persevere - keep on trying;
- Always do your best;
- Use self-control;
- Be self-disciplined;
- Think before you act - consider the consequences;
- Be accountable for your words, actions and attitudes;
- Set a good example for others;
- Understand your words and actions matter.
Students will learn more about this month's character trait in weekly Guidance lessons.
LVES Office Hours
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- September 26th: UIL Kick-Off during 2nd and 3rd Grade lunches
- September 28th: Football Players and Cheerleaders Visit; 8:00 am
- September 28th: 2nd Grade attends LVHS Pep Rally, 10:30 am-11:30 am
- September 28th: Running of The Vikings, 6:50 pm at LVHS field
- October 3rd: PTO Meeting, 5:00 pm in Library
- October 8th: Student Holiday/Staff Development Day
- October 10th: Fall Pictures
- October 12th: Football Player and Cheerleaders Visit; 8:00 am
- October 12th: 1st Grade attends LVHS Pep Rally, 10:30-11:30
- October 19th: PTO Fall Festival - details coming soon
- October 26th: Early Release at 11:30; no PM PPCD
- October 26th: Parent/Teacher Conferences
- October 31st: Pumpkin Character Parade
- November 2nd: Football Player and Cheerleaders Visit; 8:00 am
- November 2nd: Kindergarten attends LVHS Pep Rally, 10:30-11:30
- November 7th: PTO Meeting; 5:00 pm in Library
- November 15th: Thanksgiving Lunches for PPCD, Kinder and 2nd Grades
- November 16th: Thanksgiving Lunches for PK, 1st and 3rd Grades
- November 19th-23rd: Thanksgiving Holiday, Student/Staff Holiday