Raymond Park Middle School
Ranger News week of April 8, 2019
Congratulations to our Science Olympiad Team!
Congratulations to our Raymond Park Science Olympiad team for being invited to Nationals in New York! You can follow the team on Facebook or through their twitter account. They are accepting donations to help them pay for this amazing trip. If you would like to donate, please contact Mr. Gobel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vision & Hearing Screenings at RPMS
Spring Sports Games/ Meets/ Matches start! With the exception of girls tennis, please remember that the remaining spring sports will have an entrance fee to watch.
Monday, April 8th:
- Girls tennis is home vs Beech Grove MS. Start at 5:15 p.m.
Tuesday, April 9th:
- Registration for Raymond Park 8th graders interested in taking one or two of their required WCHS PE classes during summer school at 7:35 a.m. at RAYMOND PARK’S BOOKSTORE. If you have any additional questions, please contact Mrs. Piatt at email@example.com. See flyer below for details.
- WCHS’s STEAM Night is open to all warren township students. This is also a great opportunity to check out the high school and many of the its wonderful programs (S-Science, T-Technology, E-Engineering, A-Art, and M-Mathematics) Flyer in newsletter.
- 7th grade township softball is away at Morristown. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
- 8th grade township softball is home vs Fall Creek Valley MS. Starts at 5:15 p.m.
- 7th grade township baseball is home vs Indy Kings. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
- 8th grade township baseball is home vs Fall Creek Valley MS. Starts at 5:15 p.m.
Wednesday, April 10th:
- Late Start Day for Students (1-hr delay)
- Track and Field Meet is home vs Stonybrook. Starts at 5:15 p.m.
Thursday, April 11th:
- Today’s slushy flavors are: Orange Creamsicle and Blue Raspberry. Slushies are $1 each.
- 21st Century Scholar Night at RP from 5:30—6:30 p.m. See flyer for more details.
- Girls tennis away at New Augusta. Start at 5:30 p.m.
- 7th grade township softball is home vs Frankin Twp East MS. Starts at 5:15 p.m.
- 8th grade township softball is away at Guion Creek MS. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
- 7th grade township baseball is home vs Franklin Twp East MS. Starts at 5:15 p.m.
- 8th grade township baseball is away at Guion Creek MS. Starts at 5:30 p.m.
- Track and Field Meet is away at Beech Grove MS. Starts at 5:15 p.m.
Saturday, April 13th:
- Girls tennis township tournament. Start time TBD.
· Wednesday, April 17th—RPMS School Board Showcase at 7 p.m.
· Thursday, April 18th—Athletic Picture Day—Spring Sports
ATTENTION 8th GRADE PARENTS!!
If your child will be attending any high school other than Warren Central for the 19/ 20 school year, please contact RPMS's Registrar, Ms. Thompson at 317-532-8906.
This will help best serve you and your student's education. Thank you!
The Early Childhood Center will also host Preschool round-up that evening during the same hours of 5:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Did you know you can take a day off from school to serve as a page for the Indiana Senate? State Senator Aaron Freeman invites students in grades 6-12 to come to the Statehouse and spend an exciting day seeing our state government in action.
RPMS PTSA News
Don't forget to join our Parent Teacher Student Association and support all of the wonderful student activities and events throughout the school year! Your $7 membership earns you a weekly PTSA electronic newsletter and membership incentives. Our PTSA sponsors Back To School Night treats, the quarterly CORE Celebrations, teacher reimbursement for school supplies, end of year celebration treat for all students, 8th grade celebration gift, and staff appreciation days. Our PTSA coordinates the school-PTSA joint fall fundraiser, various 8th Grade Washington DC fundraisers, weekly slushy sales, RP-AMC monthly family movie events, Box Top collection contests, quarterly roller skating parties at the Roller Cave and Sonny Day Community Center volunteering nights.
Please contact our PTSA for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
2018-2019 Yearbooks On- Sale. Order online through LifeTouch at: RPMS 2018-2019 Yearbook code:10818419.
SCHOOL DISTRICT PUBLICATIONS/NEWS MEDIA USE
Dr. John Kleine - Principal
Dr. Leondra Radford - Assistant Principal
Aliesa Hopp - Secretary to Principal
Sheri Thompson - Registrar/Attendance Secretary
Beth Schuster - Receptionist
Lisa Stewart - Nurse
To apply you must be in the 7th or 8th grade. Contact Katie Piatt RPMS Educational Counselor for application email@example.com or 317-532-8900 X8910.