for the Week of April 24th Plus
ALL TEACHERS MUST WEAR THEIR ID BADGE WITH SPARC CARD.
Message from the Principal
The school board expectation for all employees is that they will remain on campus all day once they have clocked in for work. ANY employee (Classified or Certificated) who needs to leave campus during the school day, is expected to 1) see an administrator about leaving campus and 2) sign-out in the white notebook in the office.
We are seeing TOO many students in the hallway without passes. ANY teacher who sends/allows a student out of class must provide the student with a written pass. There is no exception to this.
All teachers are required to monitor their students in the lunchroom as they go through the line and while at their lunch table. It is not the role of the lunchroom staff to monitor your students.
Unit plans must be up to date and posted in every classroom.
All teachers are required to communicate with parents if a student is in danger of failing their class before the end of the grading period. Sending letters home that are not returned do not count as a parent contact. Sending INOW print outs home that are not returned do not count as a parent contact. They will reflect positively on the teacher for attempts but without a response we have no way of verifying that the parent has received the information. Additionally, notes in Chalkable are not considered parent contacts. If a student is failing your class, you must make a contact (phone conversation with parent, parent conference, or email conversation with parent). A conversation means dialogue between the teacher and the parent.
Keep in mind all teachers are required to administer at least one unit test every 4.5 weeks. We will be checking for these after progress reports. Documentation of RTI for these should be noted in the comment section of your gradebook. Unit tests in which a student makes less than a 60 must be retaught and re-assessed. The reassessment must occur during the nine weeks in which it originally administered. Accommodations that are implemented for an entire class do not qualify as examples of RTI or as interventions for PST. Students under 504 or an IEP may have different accommodations for assessments and these take precedent.
All teachers are required to have a substitute folder in their classroom complete with class rosters and emergency lessons. We understand that from time to time thing happen and a full blown lesson cannot be created to cover an absence so it is an imperative that emergency lessons are in the folder. We still have issues with finding enough substitutes and it really is not fair to any of your colleagues to have to create a lesson for your class when they end up having to cover.
Important Dates for the Week of April 24th Plus
Do not forget to turn in Unit Assessments at the start of each unit.
- Apr 24th - Apr 28th - ACT Aspire Make-Up Test for Selected Students
- Apr 25th - Faculty Meetings in Conference Room
- Apr 25th - Timecards Approved by 3 PM
- Apr 26th - HHS to meet with 8th Grade Students for pre-registration in the AM
- Apr 26th - Progress Reports Posted by Noon
- Apr 26th - HYPE Meeting 7th Period
- Apr 27th - Mandatory Cheerleader Parent Meeting
- Apr 28th - NJHS Induction in the AM in boys gym
- Apr 28th - Grades must be posted by 3 PM
- May 1st - Final Round of Scantron will begin. Mrs. Edwards is working on a schedule. We will begin with the 6th Grade and rotate through the math classes.
- May 2nd - End of Year Checklists will be distributed during faculty meeting.
- May 5th - Scoliosis Screening in the AM
- May 5th - Beach Bash after lunch for students who qualify
- May 11th - Ex Ed Graduation in the lunchroom
- May 12th - Supplementary Inventory Due electronically on the digital inventory form to Mr. Powell by 3 PM. See Mr. Powell for a copy of last year's inventory.
- May 12th - Evidence in EducateAlabama must be updated. EOY PLP meetings will begin the week May 15th.
- May 16th 17th & 18th - HMS Boys Basketball Tryouts after school in the gym
- May 18th - 2nd Semester Diagnostics Begin (Schedule to come)