The #1 Element!
Information About Hydrogen
3 Properties: Nonmetal, tasteless, and colorless.
Uses: To create water so we can survive, can be used as fuel, and helps produce Ammonia.
Compounds Containing Hydrogen: Hydrogen Fluouride (HF), Hydrogen Iodide (HI), and Water (H2O).
Group Name and Information
- Lightest Element
- Smallest Element
- Forms Many Bonds
- Three natural isotopes which are protium, deuterium, and tritium.
- It will explode 4-75% by volume in the presence of sunlight, a flame, or a spark.
Balanced Equation: 2H2+O2→2H2O
Mole Ratios: 2mol H2 : 1mol O2 | 2mol H2 : 2mol H2O | 1mol O2 : 1mol H2O
Compound Name: Water (or Dihydrogen Monoxide in fancy terms).
Type of Bonding: Polar Covalent bond,, Hydrogen bond, and dipole-dipole Forces.
% of Composition of each element: Hydrogen is 11.1% and Oxygen is 88.9%.
Creative Slide (Poem)
Has one Proton
You need it to survive
Don't mix it with an AlkalI Metal
Ranked #1 element
Offers many compounds
Generates many types of bonds
Explodes when exposed to certain elements
Not an Alkali Metal
Types of Hydrogen Bonds:
- glumatic/aspartic acid
- glutomine /asparagine
- "The Element Hydrogen." It's Elemental -. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 May 2016.
- "Hydrogen: Compounds Information." Hydrogen»compounds Information [WebElements Periodic Table]. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 May 2016.
- Bentor, Yinon. "Chemical Elements.com - Hydrogen (H)." Chemical Elements.com - Hydrogen (H). N.p., n.d. Web. 09 May 2016.
- "Chapter 4, Lesson 6 Multimedia." Multimedia: Represent Bonding with Lewis Dot Diagrams. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 May 2016.
- "Hydrogen." Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, n.d. Web. 12 May 2016.
- "2. Atomic Structure and Bonding." Our Science Class. N.p., 24 July 2013. Web. 12 May 2016.
- Arner, Steve. "Hydrogen : The Poetic Table of the Elements at Everypoet.com." Hydrogen : The Poetic Table of the Elements at Everypoet.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2016.
- "Hydrogen Bonds." Hydrogen Bonds. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2016.
- "3d Hydrogen Element." 3d Hydrogen Element Stock Illustration. N.p., n.d. Web. 12 May 2016.