Brilliant Brains Bulletin - Seventh
Current Studies and Explorations
We are about to finish the tutorial course we have been studying through the Cornell Lab of Ornithology, Be a Better Birder. We have been using note booking to document our curiosities, research findings, and any pertinent sketches.
In December, we will take an artistic journey within the Birds of America book by Audubon. We will dive into his bio & look at his birding skills, sketch journal techniques, & discover his life endeavors. Through that journey, we will discover his art techniques as used in his book of North American birds. Then using the medium of pastels, we will create our own bird masterpiece & draw inspiration from Audubon's pieces of art.
a message from Mrs. Redmon
I have loved receiving pictures of all of the outdoor birding expeditions. Please continue to email or share those photos with me throughout the year.
If you ever have any questions or thoughts, please always feel free to email me at email@example.com.
- Nov. 7th & Dec. 3rd: Walk with the Birds (general admission/all ages/ 7-9 am)
- Nov. 13th: Kids Night Out at the Swamp ($20/ages 7-12/ from 6-10pm)
- Nov. 14th: Cyanotypes: Where Art Meets Science (Contact BR Gallery for more info/ages 7-14/ from 1-3pm)
Highland Road Park Observatory:
-Every Friday & Saturday Nights: Evening Sky Viewings (Free/all ages/Fri.: 8:30-10pm/Sat. 7:30-10pm)
- Dec. 13th: Geminid Meteor Shower (9 pm to l am/date subject to change)
- Dec. 29-30th: Winter Rocket Camp ($55 for EBR Parish residents/ages 9-13/8 am-5pm/registration begins on Nov. 14th)
Baton Rouge Zoo:
- Nov. 28 - Dec. 30: Zoo Lights ($5 for adults or teens, $3 ages 2-12, & 1 & under free/5:30 -8:00 pm)
- Dec. 13th: Creole Christmas (Free to public/3-6 pm)
Rural Life Museum:
- Dec. 6th: A Rural Life Christmas (Free ages 10 & under/regular museum fee for adults/12:30 pm - 6:30 pm)
Hour of Code
To learn more, watch the video below and check out their website at https://hourofcode.com/us
Visit our class website (mrsrhodesbrilliantbrains.weebly.com) often to stay up to date with the latest communication from us! Parents, to protect our privacy, our website pages are password-protected. The password is "gifted215"
This newsletter may contain hyperlinks, videos, and other media. Don't forget that a digital copy of this newsletter is sent to you via email and is also available on our class website.