CB West High School
West Times Newsletter 12.14.2020
NEWS FROM THE GUIDANCE DEPARTMENT
- Any Seniors who have regular admission college application deadlines in January need to request transcripts as soon as possible. Counselors need 15-school days to prepare transcripts and send recommendations, if needed. It is not advised to wait until the last minute to seek help, or to submit requests for materials, especially with the holiday breaks coming up.
- Please refer to the College Application Process Page for deadlines, and step-by-step guides for requesting transcripts and letters of recommendation.
- Watch your Financial Aid deadlines! Check each college’s Financial Aid page for specific requirements and deadlines for that school. See our Financial Aid page for a link to the FAFSA application and more info.
- Students who plan to apply to Bucks County Community College may wait until spring to apply. Please visit BCCC’s Admissions website to learn about the process, which may include placement tests for some students.
Please check Naviance regularly for information about national, regional, and local scholarships. (Once logged into Naviance, click Colleges > Scholarships and Money > Scholarship List.) The list can be sorted by deadline, or you can search for specific criteria which matches your intended major. This list will be updated frequently, with new scholarships added regularly. Please also go to the Scholarship page of the Guidance Website for information about how to use scholarship search services to find more opportunities.
The Central Bucks West Tutoring Academy will continue to provide Peer Tutoring on a virtual platform. There are several tutors available for academic help in many core classes. If your student is in need of peer tutoring, please have them contact their school counselor or Mrs. Bagnick at email@example.com. We will assign tutors based on availability at the time.
Success Plan and Schedule for December 23rd
December 23rd is an early dismissal day. In order provide students time to work on their Success Plan, a special schedule has been created. Students will receive information next week regarding what is required for the Success Plan and what they should be working on.
The schedule for December 23rd is
Block Time1SP - 7:25-8:24
1 - 8:28-8:582 - 9:02-9:32
3 - 9:36-10:064 - 10:10-10:40
Students should report to 1st block class where they will work on their Success Plan for 50 minutes. The remaining 30 minutes will be their regular first block class.
CB West will be administering Keystone Exams in December and January. Please Click Here for important and comprehensive Keystone information. Any questions, please contact Mr. Rubenstein, House Principal and School Assessment Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter 2, Biology and Algebra, January
- All testing will take place online, with the student using their 1:1 computer, at CB West High School
- Specific information about room number, proctor, etc. is posted on the Keystone website - you must login to view this list
- All students will need to bring their laptops fully charged on the days that they test
- MBIT students will go to CB West for a full day on the days they test
Biology Keystone Exam
- Virtual Only Students: January 6, 2021 (need to provide your own transportation); Synchronous instruction for everyone else at home.
- Hybrid 1 and 2 Students: January 8, 2021 (district transportation provided); Asynchronous instruction for everyone else at home.
- Make-Up Days: January 11, 14, 2021
Algebra Keystone Exam
- Hybrid 1 and 2 Students: January 12, 2021 (district transportation provided); Asynchronous instruction for everyone else at home.
- Virtual Only Students: January 13, 2021 (need to provide your own transportation); Synchronous instruction for everyone else at home.
- Make-Up Days: January 14, 15, 2021
Grab and Go Meals
- Grab and Go breakfast will be available daily between 7:00 AM-7:25 AM at two locations: Court Street Café and in the cafeteria.
- If you have Late Arrival, Grab and Go breakfast will be available outside of the Court Street Café.
- Grab and Go lunch will be available daily between 1:15 PM – 1:30 PM at three locations: Court Street Café, F147 by the attendance office, and in the hallway by the Security office close to the MacFarlane Lane exit.
- If you have PM MBIT, Grab and Go bags are in the D hallway near the security office/back of cafeteria area before exiting onto MacFarlane Lane.
- If you have Early Release, Grab and Go bags are in the lobby outside of Court Street Café.
- On Tuesdays and Fridays, students may take breakfast and lunches for the three school days they are learning online.
- Parents may also pick up meals for students on Mondays and Thursdays from 10:30am - 12:00pm at the Faculty Parking Lot 'Bubble' entrance at CB West.
Book/Item Distribution and Return
We will have a pick-up/drop off for 100% virtual students only on the dates listed below from 2:00pm-4:00pm in the CB West Cafeteria. Students who are participating 100% online will retrieve needed materials as communicated by teachers. Students can also return books or other curricular items by placing it in a labeled bin. Please park in the Junior lot off of MacFarlane Lane and enter the cafeteria. Please wear a mask and keep 6 feet social distancing at all times. Only 1 person per family may come into the building. Please bring a bag or bookbag to carry your items.
Process: Please find your placard, take the items under the placard, and leave the placard on the table at your spot.
Important: Please leave all name labels on any and all items given to you. This will be essential when you return items.
Larger Items: Teachers will communicate with you if you have larger items to pick up. Large items will be labeled with your name and will be in the back of the cafeteria in the large-item section.
Forthcoming Dates: The following are the Thursday dates for pick up and drop off of items mapped out through the remainder of the year (just in case and subject to change).
Success in the New Economy
Article #2 December 2020
In today’s world we are all trying to know what is best for our children, but it is difficult to see what lies ahead for them. The “Sparks” video below gives some economic insight into the past, present and future. Please share your reactions to this video with your children for their own understanding of future possibilities.
For comments or questions, please contact Ginny Barrett at email@example.com.
Success in the new economy
CB West Parent Council
We look forward to continuing our partnership with parents through the 2020-2021 Central Bucks West Parent Council. Membership to the council is open to all interested CB West parents.
Meetings will be held virtually for the time being. Meetings begin at 9:00 AM and conclude at 10:30 AM.
Please note: If you are accessing the Teams link on an iPhone or Mac, you will need to download the Teams app first. The web version will not work for Safari. Learn more about Teams
January 20, 2021
February 24, 2021
March 24, 2021
April 21, 2021
Photo IDs and Picture Packets
All IDs and photo packets have been handed out to hybrid students, including those that did not have their pictures taken (last year's photo was used). 'Online only' students will need to come to school during one of the item pick-up/drop-off days or make arrangements with the receptionist for an alternate pick up date. 267-893-2500
Questions about a photo packet or ID?
- Call C & C Studios: 215-345-1851
- Email C & C Studios: firstname.lastname@example.org
Antler Yearbook Information
Don't forget to reserve your child an Antler yearbook for this school year. Due to COVID, we will only be accepting online orders, at www.jostens.com . Don't delay - last year we completely sold out of yearbooks - be sure to reserve your child's high school memories today! Yearbook page on West website