By: Nicolas Erne
Earthquakes happen every minute!
- Have an emergency kit with basic things like a portable radio with batteries, canned food, canned drinks (yes that includes soda), and a first aid kit in case you get injured.
- Lock your cabinets tightly, this will keep cups or other things from falling and breaking.
- Keep heavy things like vases on the floor, if the vases fell on your head, you would get very injured.
- During an earthquake, hide and grab on to a leg on a sturdy table.
- After an earthquake, look around your neighborhood, call 911 if there are any fires.
- Help rebuild if you're brave enough- as there are dangers like house parts falling.
What earthquakes can do.
Split buildings in half, as you can see in this picture.
Make roads very bumpy. Try to make it through this road without getting a flat tire!
Cause A LOT of damage, as you can see in this photo, tons of rubble fell down from buildings!
But don't worry about big earthquakes, as they rarely happen.
Questions? Read this.
Yes, for these reasons:
- Big earthquakes rarely happen.
- Even if there is a big earthquake, refer to the section, Earthquakes happen every minute!
- Sometimes you might not even need to worry about earthquakes, just enjoy your life!
Would it be better to live in California or Alaska?
Well, they both sometimes experience earthquakes, minor earthquakes, for example California had the World Series earthquake and the San Francisco earthquake that literally destroyed the city of San Francisco! Alaska had the Good Friday earthquake. But I would choose California because of the warm weather, but, you choose where to live!