last updated 9/14/2020
1. On your STUDENT's school-issued device open the Self Service app.
2. Tap on the JAMF Parent icon in the upper right corner which will open a screen with a QR code.
3. On YOUR personal device, open the JAMF Parent app.
4. Tap the Get Started button.
5. Tap the Scan QR Code button.
6. Point YOUR personal device's camera at the QR Code on your STUDENT's school-issued device.
7. Tap the Confirm button.
8. Device will appear with student's name in app.
9. To add additional student devices, press the + sign button and repeat steps 1-8.
NOTE: Restrictions will not be allowed through the JAMF Parent app during school hours, 7:00am - 5:00pm on Monday - Friday.
Restrict Device Functionality
Allows you to hide certain Apple apps from the student device.
1. Tap Restrict Device Functionality.
2. Toggle the ON/OFF switch next to the app you would like to turn OFF.
3. To allow the app back, toggle the ON/OFF switch back to ON.
NOTE: Some apps have already been restricted to OFF at the district level including Message, FaceTime, Phone, iTunes Store, and Game Center.
Enable App Lock
NOTE: If you only allow ONE app, that app will launch on your student's device and they cannot exit the app until the App Lock time ends.
1. Tap Enable App Lock.
2. Set the timer and tap the apps you want your student to have access to (a check mark will appear next to the apps you select).
3. To turn off the App Lock before time ends, tap Disable App Lock in JAMF Parent.
Removing a STUDENT device from JAMF Parent
1. On the main JAMF Parent screen, tap the Settings icon in the upper right corner.
2. Tap Remove next to each device (Account) you want to remove.
3. Tap YES to confirm.