By: Trey Joyner
Steps to Lab
- Get 3 cups, put 200 mL of drinking water in 1 cup, put another 200 mL of original soda in 1 cup, and put another 200 mL of clear soda in another cup.
- Take the clear tubes out of the dialysis and get them open.
- Pour 30 mL of distilled water in each plastic tube and tie them.
- Measure the weight of them, record it, and then place in all of the cups.
- Let it sit for 24 hours
- The next day, measure them and record them and write down the change in them.
Drinking Water- 17.23 Original Soda- 14.7 Clear Soda- 12.5
Day 2 (change)
Drinking Water- 17.4 Original Soda- 13.1 Clear Soda- 12.1
Analysis & Conclusion
During the lab, the osmosis was being observed. A tube would be filled with water and the mass would be recorded before putting in other liquids. It would sit for 24 hours and then would be weighed again and the change of mass would be recognized.
The hypothesis was, If the tube of water was sat in the three different solutions then the mass would decrease. After completing this lab, the hypothesis was almost correct; for the clear soda and the original soda it was correct but not for the drinking water. The drinking water mass increased.