Waterville Primary School
Sharing Great News with our AWesome Staff!
All Good Things!
Events for the Week of September 7-September 11
Dates to Remember
Monday, September7th: No School
Wednesday, September 9th: Walk to School Day
Wednesday, September 9th: Jamie @ principal's mtg at Monclova 9am
Wednesday, September 9th: Restaurant Night Out @ Pizza Hut
Thursday, September 10th: Jamie @ Admin Mtg @ 9am
Thursday, September 10th: Staff Meeting @ 3:40pm in Media Center
Monday, September 14th: Little Caesar's Fundraiser Kick Off Assembly @ 9am in Community Room (Grades K-4)
Wednesday, September 16th: BGSU co-teaching PD (schedule already sent)
Friday, September 18th: Catered Staff lunch curtesy of Granite City!!!
Wednesday, September 23rd: 2-Hour Delayed Start
Thursday, September 24th: Rotary Club Dictionary Program for Grade 3 @ 1:30
Thursday, September 24th: Restaurant Night Out @ Bob Evans (Perrysburg)
Monday, September 28th: WPA Mtg @ 7pm
Wednesday, September 30th: Walk to School Day
Wednesday, September 30th: Soul Shoppe Assembly for Students
Thursday, October 1st: Soul Shoppe Parent/Guardian Meeting @ Whitehouse
Soul Shoppe Assembly
Everyone is looking forward to our annual Soul Shoppe assembly on Wednesday, September 30th. We have worked to create the schedule for assembly times and classroom visits below:
8:15-8:25 Teacher Meeting - Lounge (donuts and juice)
9:00-9:45 K-2 Assembly - Community Room
9:50-10:45 3-4 Assembly - Community Room
11:00-11:30 Daniels/Rosebrook - 4th Grade
11:35-12:05 Buffy/Pedro - 3rd Grade
12:50-1:15 Snyder - 2nd Grade
1:15-1:40 Ernsthausen/Siravo - 2nd Grade
1:45-2:15 Smith/Foore - 4th Grade
2:20-2:50 PM Kindergarten Assembly
2:55-3:25 Prayter/Snyder - 3rd Grade
Thank you for your continued support of this great program for our students and families!
*If you plan to dress down on Fridays, please remember to contribute your $25 to both AWEF and AWEA (2 separate checks please). There is an envelope in Leslie's mailbox.
*Don't forget to sign up for the Wellness Snack Wednesday or the Pay Day Breakfast Friday!
*We will be sharing information pertaining to initial set up using Sign Up Genius for Parent/Teacher Conferences during our Delayed Start on Sept 23.
Primary Assessment Calendar-Benchmarking
This is something that is reviewed each year over the spring/summer and we can discuss possible adjustments then. Please continue to provide suggestions over the course of the school year so I can best represent our school when we look at creating the assessment calendar for the 2016-2017 school year. I really appreciate your willingness to provide me the input I need to make solid decisions that are grounded in the best interest of our students.
Constitution Day Observance Required
The Ohio Department of Education (ODE) is offering reminders and resources for the upcoming recognition of Constitution Day on Thursday, Sept. 17. Schools that receive federal funds are required to plan an educational program for the event, according to the department. The department suggests the following in planning an educational program:
- Invite teachers, parents and community members when planning school-wide events.
- Engage students in activities aligned to curriculum and state academic standards.
- Connect Constitution Day topics to the current course of study.
- Continue the study of rights and responsibilities of U.S. citizens throughout the school year, beyond Constitution Day.
ODE also noted the following organizations offer resources useful for planning Constitution Day programs:
- National Archives and Records Administration, http://www.archives.gov/education/lessons/constitution-day/.
- National Constitution Center, http://constitutioncenter.org/. - Library of Congress, http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/collections/continental/.
- U.S. Department of Education, http://www2.ed.gov/policy/fund/guid/constitutionday.html.
- National Endowment for the Humanities, http://edsitement.neh.gov/constitution-day.
- American Bar Association, http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/initiatives_awards/constitution_day.html.