Kennesaw Mountain - Competition #1
E-mail sent on 1/12/16
Good Morning Everyone!
It's competition time!
We will have rehearsal this week on Wednesday, January 13 and Thursday, January 14 from 5-8 p.m.
Our first competition is this Saturday, January 16, at Kennesaw Mountain HS. Visit the website for competition details, map and schedules http://www.sapaonline.net/events/116. The cost for spectators to view the show is $9 per person.
The students will be dressing in black for this early season competition and will be performing about 2 minutes of their show. These competitions build on each other throughout the season--we will add costumes, painted floor, silks, and the rest of the show by the finals performance at SAPA in Chattanooga. Remember to check the Facebook wall for dress requirements for Saturday along with makeup that Pierre and Stephanie have selected. Also, students will need black flip flops to walk to performance and after performance.
Below is the schedule for the day:
8:00-11:00 a.m. - rehearsal at Barber Middle School
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. – snack/load the floor/hair and makeup
1:15 p.m. – depart for KMHS
1:30 p.m. – unload/check-in
2:20 p.m. – hair/face touch ups
2:30 p.m. – pre warm-up
3:10 p.m. – body warm-up
3:20 p.m. – equipment warm-up
3:38 p.m. – SHOWTIME!!!!
Students will be able to buy concessions and watch other units perform prior to retreat (awards)
8:30 p.m. – retreat (presentation of awards for each class)
9:00 p.m. – depart and return to Barber to unload floor and go home
· Make sure your student has ALL equipment, makeup, gloves (if needed), clothes and money to eat from concessions that KMHS band boosters will have available for purchase after their performance.
· Make sure that your student has a ride to and from the competition if you are not attending. Remember, per Cobb County policy, students cannot drive themselves to any competition. We have 11 students performing in our unit. Sheryl can transport 2 additional students. Parents please text Sheryl at 404-401-4298 if you are willing to transport students over to KMHS on Saturday by Wednesday, January 13 at the end of practice along with the number of students that you can transport so we can post the car pool list on the Facebook wall prior to Saturday.
· Please be prompt picking up your student at Barber Middle School after the competition.
· Bring a good, solid, healthy lunch/heavy snack for practice. We will not be able to eat again until after the performance.
· All students must return to Barber Middle School to help unload the floor--this is mandatory.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
See you this Saturday!
Sheryl, Pierre, and Stephanie