a weekly newsletter 2-18-14
A peek at our week...
Vocab: Unit 7, Test Friday
Math: The kids did a great job on measurement and perimeter! We are now moving into Time, Topic 16. The hardest concept is finding elapsed time. Try to give them real life examples in your everyday life. For example, if soccer practice lasts 45 min, and it takes 10 min. to get home, what time did soccer practice start if you got home at 7:00 P.M.? No tests this week. We may have a quiz over the lessons that I feel the class has mastered.
Science: We will continue to study matter. Please make sure the kids are not waiting until the last minute to study this material. They are always welcome to bring home their science journal to study the notes we take in class! We will not be having a science test this week.
Important Dates & Information
- 2-26 PTO Yofrodipity night
- 2-28 PTO spirit sticks for sale in the morning
Things to Remember
- All Boosterthon money needs to be returned by THIS THURSDAY. I would like to collect 100% of the money by the due date. Thanks for your cooperation!
- Remember, your child should read for pleasure every night! Be working on your February Reading log. It should be found in your child's Red Homework folder.
- Be sure to sign planners nightly!
Resource Schedule for the week
Tue: Day 4: PE
Wed: Day 5: Art
Thur: Day 6: PE
Fri: Day 7: nothing