8. Professional Development
Many of my contributions are based on my knowledge of ELA Common Core standards, methods, implementation and strategies as well as my understanding of educational perspectives.
1. Personal Professional Development Plan
- Utilizing strategies for Active Engagement
- Questioning strategies in the classroom related to DOK levels
2. Ongoing Reflective Process
I keep and maintains quarterly journals that contain planning ideas, meeting notes, curriculum design, and lesson reflections.
3. Engages in Professional Learning
- I have conducted PLCs on tech usage for teachers and students (specifically in a 1:1 environment) as well as using what I've learned from district PDs, and personal experiences to teach intermediate teachers the lesson design and structure for Close Reading.
- I regularly curate teaching ideas and strategies on Pinterest.
- I keep myself informed and up to date on educational practices through the Zite app, which is a great app which filters out blogs and articles online for me based on my interests. For me, these are specifically related to edTech and 1:1 computing, teacher-leaders, and Common Core techniques and strategies for ELA.