The Principal's Message
Cambridge School's Weekly Parent Newsletter
~ The Upcoming Week ~
FIELD DAY IS TODAY!!! (June 20th)
6.23.2014 - Monday
- 2nd Grade Picnic
- K/1 Class Parties
6.24.2014 - Tuesday
- EARLY RELEASE DAY!!!!
- LAST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS!
6.25.2014 - Wednesday
- Last Day of School for Staff
~ IMPORTANT NOTES ~
FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S DESK
We have a short week coming up and the last day of school is finally here!! Please note that Tuesday, June 24th is an EARLY RELEASE day!
Congratulations to our 5th grade students! This week's Farewell ceremony was a wonderful celebration of the students' time at Cambridge School. We wish them all the best as they move on to Middle School!
Thank you to Girl Scout Troop #80370 under the leadership of Mrs. Lauren Lepore and Mrs. Lisa Bodnar! The girls completed a project to rejuvenate our butterfly garden and it looks absolutely wonderful. They also consulted with Mrs. Lisa Finlayson, who provided her expert advice! Thank you to all the members for an awesome service project!! (See the picture below!)
Thank you for your support and enjoy the weekend.
Mrs. Capes :)
Click here for the 2014-2015 school calendar. --> 2014 - 2015 SCHOOL CALENDAR
FIELD DAY NOTE!!!!! - FRIDAY, JUNE 20th!
Due to the overwhelming response from the wonderful parent volunteers, we will have many visitors at the building on Field Day. For the safety and security of our students, we are limiting all visitors to those who are registered as official volunteers. Please do not walk the grounds unless you have an official "Field Day Volunteer" sticker. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Should you need to be at the building for any reason, you must register in the main office and we will assist you with whatever is needed.
Also, PLEASE remember to...
- Put sun block on at home before coming to school.
- Wear a hat to protect from the heat.
- Remember to wear your sneakers
- Bring a disposable water bottle and perhaps a change of clothes.
- Most important – Be prepared for a great day!
DISTRICT LETTER REGARDING EMAIL ADDRESSES
~ PTO NEWS ~
~ NURSE NOTES ~
From Mrs. Guidice's Health Office
Please remember to pick up all student medications from the health office before the end of the school year as they will be discarded over the summer. New medication forms for the upcoming school year will be sent home with children next week. Please call me with any questions-732-297-2941.
What to look for when you buy sunscreen.
- Pick a broad spectrum sunscreen that protects against UV-A and UV-B rays and has a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15.
- Look for a waterproof brand if you will be sweating or swimming.
- Try a sunscreen with different chemicals if your skin reacts to the one you are using. Not all sunscreens have the same ingredients.
- More expensive does not mean better. Although a costly brand might feel better or smell better, it is not necessarily more effective than a less expensive product.
- Be aware of the expiration dates as some sunscreen ingredients might degrade over time.
- When to apply sunscreen.
- Apply sunscreen approximately 30 minutes before being in the sun so that it can be absorbed by the skin and less likely to wash off when you perspire.
- Remember to reapply sunscreen after swimming and exercise.
- How to apply sunscreen.
- Shake well before to mix particles that might be clumped up in the container.
- Be sure to apply enough sunscreen. As a rule of thumb, use an ounce (a handful) to cover your entire body.
- Apply thickly and thoroughly.
- Use on all parts of your skin exposed to the sun, including ears, back of knees, and tops of feet.
Have a happy and healthy summer!
- June 24th - Last Day of School for Students **EARLY RELEASE DAY**