Year 5 Newsletter
Term 1 - Friday 4th September 2015
Welcome to the Year 5 Newsletter
Please remember to send your child’s medical form back to your class teacher. If you have lost your form, replacements are available in the nurse’s office.
Please ensure your child is wearing appropriate school uniform. A reminder that no jewellery is to be worn to school, except for watches.
- Swimming - swim caps are compulsory for any child will long hair. This is a regulation of the HKU Pool. Not only do they protect the pool filters but also prevents the possibility of children getting their hair caught underwater. Children MUST wear either the old Kennedy swimming costume/shorts or the new purple jammers. No other swimming attire for them is acceptable.
Unit of Inquiry
Our first unit this year is under the theme 'Who We Are'.
Central Idea: Understanding how we learn helps us to take more responsibility.
Lines of Inquiry: An inquiry into...
different ways of learning (responsibility, trust)
how behaviours affect thinking and learning (function, self-regulation)
- our responsibilities as learners (reflection, perseverance)
LEAP (Life Education Activity Programme)
- 10th September - Meet the Teacher: 5.50-6.35 pm (Please note the new time)
- 28th September - Public Holiday
- 1st October - school closed - Public Holiday
- 2nd October - school closed - CPD Day
- 19th - 23rd October - HALF TERM HOLIDAY