McCracken Eagle News
November 17 and 18- Progress Reports Distributed
November 20-ALL IN FRIDAY
November 25-27 - Thanksgiving Holidays
December 2--iReady Math Testing for Hybrid A Students
December 3--iReady Math Testing for Hybrid B Students
December 4--iReady ELA For ALL STUDENTS
December 4--ALL IN FRIDAY
December 11--7th Period Exam
December 14--Hybrid A students take 1st, 2nd and 3rd Period Exams
December 15--Hybrid B students take 1st, 2nd and 3rd Period Exams
December 16--Hybrid A students take 4th, 5th and 6th Period Exams
December 17--Hybrid B students take 4th, 5th and 6th Period Exams
December 18 - Half Day--Dismiss at 12:15, Last Day of 2nd 9 weeks--Make Up Testing
December 21 - January 4 - Winter Holidays
January 5 - Teachers and Students Return
Hybrid Schedule Updates
November 20 - All Students Attend
December 4 - All Students Attend
December 11 - All Students Attend
At this time it is the district's plan for all students to attend DAILY beginning Tuesday, January 5, 2021
iReady and Semester Exam Schedules
iReady Testing Schedule:
Wednesday, December 2 (Math-Hybrid A)
Thursday, December 3 (Math-Hybrid B)
Friday, December 4 (ELA - All Students).
Please be here on these days to avoid the make-up session on December 18.
Semester Exam Schedule:
Friday, December 11 - 7th Period Exam for all students (1:30 PM)
Monday, December 14 - Group A - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Period Exams
Tuesday, December 15 - Group B - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Period Exams
Wednesday, December 16 - Group A - 4th, 5th, 6th Period Exams
Thursday, December 17 - Group B - 4th, 5th, 6th Period Exams
Friday, December 18 - Students should only attend school if they need to make up iReady testing, a semester exam, or a virtual assignment.
Free Meals for All Students
Get Your 2020-2021 Yearbook
Check out this information from the CDC:
Just a few reminders to keep us all healthy:
- Everyone must wear a mask every day.
- All students and staff will have a temperature check upon arrival each day.
- Students must be fever free for 24 hours without the assistance of a fever reducer before returning to school. Please keep children at home until that time.
- For confirmed COVID-19 or flu, you will need to contact our school nurse for specific guidelines for returning to school.
- Drink lots of water, rest and wash your hands frequently.
- Cough or sneeze into the crook of your arm.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Thank you for your help.
2 for 1 - Help MMS PTSO while you shop with Amazon and Office Depot
If you shop online at Amazon, please bookmark and use the following link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/20-8818169
AmazonSmile will donate a portion of your purchase to McCracken each time you shop! (No fees are charged for participating.) When you click on the link the first time, you will need to enter:
1. "McCracken Middle School PTSO";
2. Then select "McCracken Middle School PTSO" as your charity of choice.
3. Each subsequent time you log in using the link, "McCracken Middle School PTSO" will show as your chosen charity.
When shopping at Office Depot, just mention MMS and our PTSO receives 5% of each sale.
Social Media Tips and Sites for Parents
This site has a wealth of information about the meaning of music lyrics, movie content and reasons for ratings, trending social media sites and other ways to keep your child safe on the internet. Included is information on safe and unsafe social media sites for your student.
These sites also have a lot of information at a glance:
Super Article For Managing Social Media With Teens......
Parent and Child Social Media Contract for Home.......SO IMPORTANT!
What is SnapChat video......one of the most popular sites for students at MMS using personal devices.