Ms. D's Kindergarten Newsletter
Important Upcoming Dates
- Class Dojo: Just a quick reminder- if you are not yet connected to our class dojo please let me know and I can send you another invite. I have sent invites to your emails as well as a paper copy home with the students.
- Letter of the week: This week we learned the letter "Oo!" Students engaged in multiple activities this week to guide them in their learning of this letter. Next week we will be learning the letter "Qq."
- I am unique: As part of the Kindergarten social studies curriculum we discuss and learn about what it means to be unique. This week we started to touch on what it means to be unique and will continue our discussion of this topic into next week as well. I shared with the students that it is not only important to recognize their own characteristics and talents but appreciate others as well. We are all special in our own way. :)
1) This week we were introduced to a new letter (Oo). Students learned the letter's proper printing formation for writing as well as the sound that the letter makes. Ask your child to "air" write with their finger an O for you, as well as tell you the sound this letter makes.
2) This week we had a visit from a special guest! (Firefighter Rick!) Firefighter Rick and his side kick Sparky shared a presentation about what to do in case of an emergency. Following that presentation, he had the kids participate in some activities to practice what they learned. Ask your child who the special guest was as well as share one thing they learned about what to do in an emergency.