SCHS Music Notes
August 24, 2020
Below, you'll find my welcome video and important information for the start of this school year.
Important Links and Information
- SCHS Music Online: The Supplemental Website to Distance Learning 2.0 in Music. This site includes daily agendas and syllabi for each class, as well as the Virtual Music Room, instructional videos, sheet music, technology tutorials, and other resources. Students will need to access this site regularly.
- Ms. Q's Personal Website: This is where you'll want to go to learn more about my history, education, experience, fun facts, the best way to contact me, and more!
- SUBSCRIBE: to receive this newsletter each time it goes out. Please be sure to mark emails from SMORE as "safe" so that Music Notes goes to your inbox and not junk.
- Schedule A Meeting with Ms. Q: This is for both parents and students, should they require a meeting, tutoring session, private lesson, etc.
- Parent's Group on Remind 101: This is essentially a text messaging service that allows me to communicate quickly and efficiently with things like reminders and check-ins. Please, no students in this group (they will sign up with their classmates during our first meeting).
Tips for Parents to Support their CUSD Student Musician
First Day of School Schedule & Accessing Meeting Links
DO YOU NEED TO BORROW A CUSD INSTRUMENT???
Support SCHS Music in Your Way!
Your Donations Are Important!
At this point, we have funds for sheet music, some minor repairs and not much else.
From your Donations, students will benefit from the following:
- Coaching (more individualized instruction on their instrument)
- Transportation and Fees for Music Festivals, Professional Performances, & Events
- Master Classes
- Instrument Purchases & Repairs
- Sheet Music Purchases
- Awards Banquets
- Fun Music Excursions & Experiences
Here's how you can help!
- Monetary Donation ($60 per trimester is recommended) -- donation links coming soon.
- Instrument or Equipment Donation
- Amazon Wishlist Item Donation
- Volunteering for Music Events (ticket sales, dinner for kids, backstage monitors, etc.)
- Joining the Parent's Remind 101 Group
- Attending Parent Meetings (when called)
- Creating a home environment that promotes practicing at home.
Thank You for your support and for joining our family! Now, let's go make some music!