Mrs. Hensler's Helpful Hints
September 28th - October 2nd
Gummy Bear Words
Last week your child brought home a letter and pink list of gummy bear words. Please have your child practice reading these words to you. Once your child has mastered the list, sign the bottom of the list and return it to school in their monkey folder. Then your child will be "tested" at school. If your child successfully completes the list they will receive a pack of gummy bears. Then they will get a new list of sight words to practice. This self paced program is a great way to motivate students and master tricky sight words! Thank you for your support!
Extra "GREEN" Recess
Every Friday afternoon, students that have been on "green" all week will receive an extra 10 minute recess. This is a small incentive for those students who are consistently following all classroom expectations.
Focus for the Week
- Reading Street Weekly Text: Trucks Roll!
- Letter identification & sounds: Aa
- Amazing Words: trailers, haul, truckers, cabs, steering wheel, headlight
- Reading Skill: Compare & Contrast
- Question of the Week: What kinds of transportation help people do their jobs?
- High-Frequency Words: have, is
- Writing: Our Names ***With proper upper AND lowercase letters ex: Billy not BILLY
- Beginning and Medial /a/ sound
- Shape: trapezoid
- Counting and Number Recognition