HOLY NAME OF MARY SPRING UPDATE
As we move through Lent, we at Holy Name of Mary are making a special effort to slow things down and reflect on what is important. Lent is a time of simple living, of extra prayer, sacrifice and alms giving.
During this Lenten season the students at HNOM are reminded to be great Stewards of the Earth, taking care of both the earth and the people living here on Earth.
Spring is on the way...enjoy the warmer days ahead!
SPIRITS/ARTS & ACTIVITY WEEK ON EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSIVITY (March 15 - 19)
In honour and recognition of diversity in our school community and around the world, Holy Name of Mary students will be exploring different cultures and traditions during the week of March 15 - 19th. Our week is themed, We All Belong…Together. This theme reminds us that everyone has an equal place in our school and community. It also incorporates the message, that even though we have been challenged throughout the year, we are all stronger together. To celebrate this endeavor, artists from various cultural disciplines will be holding virtual workshops for our classes. Such artists include, Bollywood dancers, Drumming, Hoop Dancing, Hip Hop Dancing, Percussion, Inuit Games and Gym Games. Artists are all members of MASC (Multicultural Arts for Schools and Communities) which is a charitable organization based in Ottawa to support bringing arts and culture alive. In addition to these visiting artists, we have many talented staff members who will be directing workshops.
All classes will be participating in this event in addition to regular day to day school work. This will provide an exciting break from our normal routine. All COVID protocols will continue to be strictly followed during our workshops. On Friday, students will receive a school t-shirt in recognition of all of the tremendous work they have done this year and as a reminder that we are all in this together!
On Wednesday, March 17th, Holy Name will be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with a Door Decorating Contest! Classes are challenged to come up with a slogan and decorate their doors to celebrate our Irish Heritage. Students are encouraged to wear green to recognize St. Patrick's Day. Keep watch for photos on Facebook.
MILK, PIZZA & SUB ORDERS
With the postponement of the March Break to the month of April, please note the following food orders update:
- the 7 week milk, pizza and/or sub orders previously paid for by families and beginning mid February, have been moved up 1 week; therefore students will receive previously ordered milk, pizza and subs during the week of March 15 - 19 (original March break)
- the current food order period will end April 2nd; previously April 9th
- new food orders begin the week of April 5th
Cash on-line will open on March 15th for families to order food items for the months of April and May. Please note that the deadline to place these orders is March 25th.
- For the safety of our staff and students, we ask that parents remain in their vehicles when using the Kiss & Ride zones in the morning and afternoon. This will ensure the safety for all and allow the the Kiss & Ride system to work efficiently.
March Virtual Mass
LEEDS, GRENVILLE & LANARK HEALTH UNIT UPDATE
Keep play-dates and get-togethers virtual. Being close together without masks should only be done with household members. Although children and youth see their friends at school, the difference is that school is essential and has precautions in place that help to reduce risk.
Are you wondering when you will be offered the COVID-19 Vaccine? Check out the Health Unit’s vaccine webpage for the vaccination roll out plan, weekly updates and answers to frequently asked questions.
CATHOLIC SCHOOL COUNCIL
ENHANCED SCREENING PROTOCOLS REMINDERS
- continue to access the COVID-19 school and child care screening for each child prior to leaving home/boarding the bus every morning before your child comes to school.
- complete the Back to School Confirmation Form for each child when returning to school after being tested. This form has been emailed to all families previously.